Raspberry SmoothieThis post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my disclosure.
This healthy raspberry smoothie recipe is the perfect healthy breakfast, quick lunch, or afternoon snack! It’s made with just 4 ingredients: raspberries, bananas, lime juice, and almond milk. You will love this vegan, gluten free, delicious smoothie! The best part? It’s ready in just 5 minutes!
This vegan raspberry smoothie is a great way to eat a nutritious meal on the go. It’s filled with and fresh fruit and is super easy to make. It’s vegan, kid-friendly, and requires almost no prep. You won’t be able to put down this delicious smoothie!
If you’ve had a long day or an even longer week, it’s is the perfect time to enjoy this delicious combination of flavors for a quick and tasty meal.
This healthy raspberry and banana smoothie is guaranteed to satisfy your sweet tooth – we often make it on busy mornings or when I need an afternoon pick-me-up. It’s a quick and easy drink that is ready to go when you are!
👩🏽🍳 Why This Recipe Works
- Tropical smoothie
- Healthy dessert
- Easy afternoon snack
- Simple ingredients
- No added sugar
- Kid friendly!
- Packed with raspberry flavor
- Vegan & gluten free
- Can be made with fresh or frozen fruit!
- Best raspberry smoothie recipe ever!
Latest Recipe Video!
This banana and raspberry smoothie without yogurt requires only 4 simple ingredients! See the recipe card below for full ingredient details and nutrition information.
- Frozen Raspberries: You can find frozen raspberries in the frozen section of your local grocery store. You can also use fresh raspberries if you’d prefer. You may need to add additional ice if you use fresh red raspberries for a thick smoothie.
- Banana: Bananas are perfect for smoothies because they help thicken them and add natural sweetness. Slice a large banana and add it right in. The more ripe it is, the sweeter the smoothie will be. You can also use frozen banana slices if you don’t have fresh banana on hand.
- Lime Juice: Freshly squeezed lime juice goes incredibly well with raspberries and is a wonderful balance to the sweetness. To get as much lime juice out of fresh limes, roll them on the counter with your palm or microwave them for 15 seconds.
- Almond Milk: This plant-based milk gives this delicious raspberry smoothie a smooth consistency and creamy texture. I recommend unsweetened almond milk to keep the added sugars in this recipe low. You can also substitute this with any type of milk you like! Unsweetened soy milk, cashew milk, oat milk, or coconut milk will all work well. You can also use a juice like orange juice, apple juice, or even coconut water for the liquid, but keep in mind that will increase the sugar in this recipe.
- (Optional) Maple Syrup: A touch of maple syrup is a good option for an added sweetener, if you’re looking for a sweeter smoothie, since raspberries can be a little tart. I recommend leaving it out to start, and adding a little bit at a time until you get the sweetness level you prefer. You can also use coconut sugar, honey, or agave.
Making this easy smoothie takes only 2 simple steps! Here’s how to make a raspberry smoothie:
Blend Ingredients: Add all ingredients into a high-speed food processor or blender and blitz until smooth. Adjust sweetness to taste if needed – add maple syrup or another sweetener until it’s as sweet as you want.
Thicken And Serve: If you find this raspberry fruit smoothie is a little thicker than desired, add additional almond milk until desired consistency. Serve cold!
💭 Expert Tips
- You can use frozen or fresh raspberries. If using fresh berries add one cup of ice cubes to the blender before blitzing to thicken the smoothie.
- Make sure to use a high speed blender for this raspberry healthy smoothie, because you want to pulverize the ingredients as much as possible for a super smooth consistency.
- Feel free to customize with different mix ins to add more delicious flavor!
- Avoid adding the maple syrup until after you have blended the smoothie – the fruit may be sweet enough that you don’t need it!
There are so many great ways to customize this recipe! Here are some of our favorite raspberry smoothie ideas:
- Strawberry Banana Raspberry Smoothie: Replace 1 cup of raspberries with frozen strawberries and blend with the other ingredients!
- Raspberry Mango Smoothie: Add 1/2 cup frozen mango to this recipe, then blend with the other ingredients.
- Chocolate Berry Smoothie: Add 1-2 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder and 1/4 tsp vanilla extract to the rest of the ingredients, and blend until combined.
- Add A Thickener: Vanilla Greek yogurt, vegan yogurt, and plain Greek yogurt all taste amazing in this raspberry breakfast smoothie and help to thicken it up.
- Raspberry Blueberry Smoothie: Replace 1 cup of raspberries with 1 cup of frozen blueberries, then blend with the other ingredients! You can use regular or wild blueberries for this recipe.
- Raspberry Smoothie Bowl: Pour this drink into a bowl and top it with sliced bananas, oats, coconut, fresh raspberries, honey, maple syrup, or whatever you have on hand.
- Kale Raspberry Spinach Smoothie: Make this into a green smoothie by adding in a mix of baby kale and a handful of spinach leaves!
- Add-ins: Try some of these delicious extras in your frozen raspberry smoothie. Chocolate chips, a touch of honey, nut butter for healthy fats (peanut butter or almond butter are both great), chia seeds, flax seeds, fresh herbs like mint or basil, avocados, apples, blackberries, peaches, or even pineapples would all taste great!
- Raspberry Protein Shake: Add 1 scoop of your favorite vegan vanilla protein powder before blending to turn this into a raspberry protein smoothie!
Raspberry smoothies are super healthy and has many benefits! This drink is filled with vitamins and minerals like calcium, potassium, antioxidants, and vitamin C that help boost your immune system.
It’s also loaded with dietary fiber which is great for your digestive system. Lastly, this smoothie with raspberries is low in calories so you can enjoy it guilt free. One serving has only 134 calories and 10 grams of fiber!
There are a few ingredients I don’t recommend mixing into a smoothie, unless you’re trying to make a dessert instead of a healthy breakfast or snack! These are the top 10 ingredients to never mix into a healthy smoothie: frozen yogurt, regular ice cream, fruit juice, sherbet, flavored yogurt, added sweeteners, canned fruit, flavored syrups, added sugar, chocolate chips.
There are two ways to do this:
1) Once you have blended your smoothie, strain it through a mesh strainer before serving.
2) Use a really high quality blender like a Vitamix, that actually pulverizes the seeds so that you don’t have to strain it!
You can serve this easy drink with just about anything! It’s great on its own as a snack or breakfast, or you can pair it with a healthy salad, tasty sandwich, or serve it as part of a larger breakfast or brunch with french toast, pancakes, scrambled eggs and more!
To store in the fridge: Keep any leftover smoothie in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours. Before serving, make sure to stir it thoroughly because the smoothie separates while sitting in the fridge.
To freeze and re-serve: You can also freeze it for up to three months. To thaw, let it sit on the counter for a couple of hours or in the refrigerator overnight, then reblend and serve.
🥤 More Healthy Smoothie Recipes!
- Dragon Fruit Smoothie
- Mango Protein Smoothie
- Spinach And Banana Smoothie
- Mango Pineapple Banana Smoothie
- Avocado Peanut Butter Smoothie
- Broccoli Smoothie Recipe With Banana
LOVE THIS RECIPE? Please leave a 5-star rating 🌟 in the recipe card below and/or a review in the comments section further down the page!
You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM, and PINTEREST to see more delicious, healthy, family-friendly food, and if you have any questions, I’m here to help!
📋 Recipe Card
🎥 Watch How to Make It
- 2 cups Frozen Raspberries
- 1 Banana
- 1 tbsp Lime Juice
- 1 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1 – 1½ tbsp Maple Syrup optional
- Add all ingredients into a high speed food processor or blender and blitz until smooth.
- Adjust sweetness to taste. If you find the smoothie is a little thicker than desired, add additional almond milk until desired consistency.
- Serve immediately.
- If using fresh berries add 1 cup ice to the blender before blitzing to thicken the smoothie.
- Adjust the sweetness to suit your taste by increasing or decreasing the amount of maple syrup. Note: Nutritional information does not include maple syrup.
- Any plant based milk will work for this recipe.
- Add a scoop of vanilla protein powder to add a protein boost.
My daughter loves smoothies! This is on our list to make over the holiday break.
Awesome! I can’t wait to hear how you both like it!
This raspberry smoothie looks gorgeous. Thanks for the recipe
Of course! Enjoy!
I’m very boring when it comes to raspberries as I tend to only eat them with my coconut yoghurt and chia seeds but this smoothie looks award winning, so I will be trying this recipe!
Yes!! This is a fun and different way to enjoy raspberries – I can’t wait to hear how you like this smoothie recipe!
Such a great flavour with the lime and raspberry and so easy to make too.
Thanks so much Amanda! 🙂
Fantastic smoothie! Easy to make, great color and so healthy!
Awesome! So glad you liked this recipe Mahy!
Can you use honey instead of maple syrup?
Hi! Yes you totally can! Just keep in mind, if you use honey then this recipe won’t be vegan friendly anymore!
ok – i’ll tell you – i didn’t think i liked smoothies – i don’t like yogurt – but this one was so pretty and looked so refreshing – and had no yogurt – i tried it – AND IT WAS GOOD!!! i’m now open to smoothies!! thanks!
Woohoo!! So happy to hear that Heather! Thanks for letting me know!
My kids and I both loved this! We used regular milk and it was delish!!!
Awesome!! When I use regular milk I can trick my kids into thinking it’s a traditional milkshake – they love it too! 🙂
A great simple, healthy, and delicious smoothie. I love that it is dairy free!
Thanks so much Andrea! 🙂
I had everything on hand to make this and it’s so tasty!!
Woohoo! So glad you liked it!
I love how quick and easy this smoothie recipe is! Can’t wait to try this soon. 🙂
Thanks so much Carrie!! You will love this recipe!