Pineapple And Banana SmoothieThis post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my disclosure.
This refreshing pineapple and banana smoothie is a healthy and satisfying way to kick off your morning. Simple ingredients like juicy pineapple, banana, and coconut yogurt blend together to create a creamy smoothie that the whole family will love. It is vegan, gluten-free, and refined sugar free too!
If you have been looking for more homemade smoothies to try out, this is the one! Not only is it quick and easy to make, but it also has the perfect balance of tropical flavors and luscious texture.
It is great for those busy mornings when you need something nutritious to take on-the-go. Yet, it is also the best smoothie to sip slowly by the poolside. With just one taste of this healthy pineapple banana smoothie recipe, you will feel like you’re on a tropical vacation!
The healthy ingredients in this fresh pineapple smoothie make it a good choice for a low calorie diet, while still energizing and nourishing your body. The bananas serve as a great source of potassium, while the pineapple boosts fiber content and can assist in your weight loss journey thanks to the fat burning properties of bromelain.
No matter what diet or lifestyle you have, this easy banana and pineapple smoothie will quickly become one of your favorite go-to recipes. If you are a smoothie lover, you will definitely be a fan of this one!
👩🏽🍳 Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Kid-Friendly: Kids will love the sweet, tropical flavor and you will love how healthy and nutritious this pineapple banana drink is for them! It will definitely be a family favorite for breakfast or an after school snack. The best part? They’ll think they are having a sweet treat while helping to meet their required daily values of vitamins and minerals.
- Super Easy: This is a quick breakfast to make at home with just a handful of ingredients! In 5 minutes, you’ll have a delicious smoothie that serves 2. Double or triple this pineapple breakfast smoothie to serve the whole family.
- Healthy Breakfast: This pineapple and banana smoothie recipe makes for a healthy breakfast or snack option. It is gluten-free, vegan, and contains no refined sugars. You can even skip the maple syrup and use over-ripe bananas! The sweetness of the fruit will be plenty on its own.
- Budget-Friendly: Smoothies are the perfect option for a budget-friendly recipe. You will only need a few ingredients that can easily be found at your local grocery store. Frozen fruits lasts a long time so you won’t have to worry about it going bad and wasting food.
Latest Recipe Video!
This 5 ingredient pineapple banana smoothie comes together easily into a flavorful and refreshing drink! See the recipe card at the bottom of the page for exact measurements.
- Frozen Pineapple: Juicy pineapple is the star of this yummy smoothie! Fresh pineapple or canned pineapple are also options, but this banana pineapple drink won’t be as thick or chilled.
- Frozen Banana: Frozen bananas are a great smoothie ingredient because it adds a natural sweetness and creamy texture. Banana and pineapple together pair perfectly in flavor and texture!
- Coconut Yogurt: Yogurt adds thickness and creaminess to this smoothie recipe with pineapple, not to mention healthy fats! Try to find an unsweetened coconut yogurt, or one without refined sugars.
- Almond Milk: Keep this smoothie creamy with almond milk. Opt for unsweetened almond milk, preferably with just almonds and water as the ingredients.
- Maple Syrup: No added sugar is actually needed in this healthy pineapple smoothie – it’s already very naturally sweet. But if you like a sweeter drink, you can add a touch of unrefined natural maple syrup for the best boost of sweetness (but this is optional).
🍲 Ingredient Substitutions
- Yogurt: Any yogurt will work in this easy pineapple banana smoothie recipe. If you have something else on hand, feel free to use it! Plain Greek yogurt will give you an even creamier smoothie with more protein if you don’t need this recipe to be vegan.
- Milk: If you don’t like almond milk, try this drink out with your milk of choice. Some favorites are coconut milk, soy milk, or cashew milk. Alternatively, you can also try out coconut water which is a great way to get a boost of electrolytes.
- Sugar: Other sweeteners can be used in this pineapple banana coconut smoothie. Try it out with coconut sugar, agave nectar, or honey. Another option is adding in pineapple juice which is very sweet!
🔪 How To Make A Pineapple And Banana Smoothie
This delicious pineapple banana yogurt smoothie is super easy to make! It will be done in under 5 minutes and ready to enjoy. Follow along with the step by step instructions and master this recipe. Here is how to make this quick pineapple banana smoothie with milk and yogurt:
Blend Ingredients: Add frozen pineapple chunks, frozen sliced bananas, coconut yogurt, almond milk, and maple syrup into a high-speed blender and blend until smooth.
Adjust: Adjust sweetness and thickness to suit your preferred tastes.
Serve: Pour this banana and pineapple smoothie into your favorite glass, garnish with a pineapple slice if desired, and enjoy! Best served immediately.
💭 Expert Tips
- Adjust Thickness: Add more almond milk if you prefer a thinner smoothie, or if it won’t blend well in the high speed blender.
- Use Frozen Fruit: For the best pineapple banana smoothie, use frozen bananas and frozen pineapples. While fresh fruit can be used, frozen fruit helps to create a thicker consistency. Plus, you won’t need to add any ice cubes which can end up making the smoothie watery.
- Meal Prep Smoothie: Pour your smoothie mix into an ice cube tray and then place the pre-portioned frozen chunks in Ziploc bags in the freezer to store. Next time you want to enjoy this drink, blend with some almond milk or water.
- Cutting A Pineapple: If you happen to already have a whole pineapple on hand, don’t stress over buying more. Easily chop into small pieces and blend fresh or freeze first. Follow these easy steps:
- Remove top and bottom of pineapple
- Peel the rind by slicing downward and rotating the pineapple as you go
- Slice off any eyes or dark spots
- Cut along the outside of the core, slicing straight down to make spears
- Chop your spears into small pieces
- Pineapple Banana Protein Smoothie: Add in 1-2 scoops of your favorite protein powder for extra protein and nutrition. An unflavored or vanilla plant-based protein powder will pair the best with the pineapple flavor. By adding protein powder, you’ll end up with a simple pineapple smoothie that has between 23-30 grams of protein per serving!
- Piña Colada Smoothie: Use coconut cream in place of the almond milk, and add a shot of rum for a healthier alcoholic beverage! Add a dash of fresh orange juice to make this piña banana smoothie taste more like a painkiller cocktail.
- Green Smoothie: Add in your favorite greens into this easy smoothie like spinach or kale to make a spinach pineapple banana smoothie. The greens absorb the delicious tropical flavors so you won’t even be able to taste them!
- Pineapple Banana Milkshake: Swap the yogurt for sweetened Greek yogurt or vanilla ice cream to make a tasty milkshake recipe!
🍽 Serving Suggestions
Enjoy this smoothie with banana and pineapple on its own as a healthy snack or nutritious breakfast. If you are looking for a more filling meal, try transforming this recipe into a creamy pineapple banana smoothie bowl! Add toppings like fresh fruit, toasted coconut flakes, high protein granola, drizzle of nut butter, chia seeds, hemp seeds, matcha muffin crumbles, or some strawberry crunch topping! I also love enjoying this smoothie with these coconut flour pancakes!
🙌 Dietary Adaptations
This banana pineapple smoothie recipe already meets many special dietary needs since it is vegan, dairy-free, gluten-free, and refined sugar free. Here are a couple other adaptations:
- Nut-Free Option: To make this coconut pineapple smoothie recipe nut-free, swap the almond milk for coconut milk, oat milk, or seed milk.
- Coconut Free: If you happen to have a coconut allergy, feel free to replace the coconut yogurt with other yogurt options like almond yogurt or cashew yogurt.
For best results, follow these directions on how to store and keep this pineapple and banana smoothie.
- To Store In The Fridge: This frozen pineapple smoothie is best served immediately for the freshest taste and texture. However, if you have leftovers from your smoothie, you can store it in a mason jar or airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 day. The smoothie may be a little watery or separated the next day, so be sure to stir it before drinking.
- To Freeze: If you’d like, you can freeze this pineapple banana smoothie for a few days in a covered cup or ice cube trays.
- To Re-Serve: If refrigerated, mix the pineapple banana juice smoothie and enjoy. If frozen, let the smoothie thaw in the fridge until softened and drinkable.
With this banana pineapple smoothie recipe, you’ll be enjoying something delicious that is also good for you! Pineapple and banana are both a great source of dietary fiber, allowing for better digestion, balanced blood sugar levels, and increased satiation.
Pineapple includes an enzyme, bromelain, which has fat burning qualities. Pineapple can potentially help with weight loss and weight management when paired with other healthy eating habits and daily movement. To top it off, pineapple is high in Vitamin C to support a healthy immune system. Healthy eating comes easy with a recipe like this!
Most fruit combinations are absolutely delicious with pineapple! A few favorites aside from banana in this recipe include coconut, blueberry, cucumber, passion fruit, orange, and peach. A strawberry mango smoothie with pineapple and banana is an absolute favorite of mine.
For the most part, pineapple will be fine mixed with most other common smoothie ingredients. If you have a sensitive stomach you may want to avoid mixing pineapple with regular cow’s milk as it can cause stomach pain and nausea. This is due to the reaction with the bromelain in pineapple. It will be best to stick to non-dairy milk!
Additionally, bromelain can interact and interfere with certain medications. Be cautious if you are currently taking medications such as antibiotics, blood thinners, or certain antidepressants. Check with your doctor if you are not sure!
🥤 More Healthy Smoothie Recipes!
- Mixed Berry Smoothie
- Bahama Mama Tropical Smoothie
- Banana Smoothie Bowl
- Mango Protein Smoothie
- Pineapple Cucumber Smoothie
- Boba Smoothie
- Broccoli Smoothie
- Strawberry Smoothie Bowl
- Dragon Fruit Smoothie
- Banana Peach Smoothie
Love this healthy smoothie recipe? Please leave a 5-star rating 🌟 in the recipe below and/or a review in the comments section further down the page!
📋 Recipe Card
🎥 Watch How to Make It
Pineapple And Banana Smoothie
- Add all ingredients into a high-speed food processor and blend until smooth.
- Adjust sweetness and thickness to suit your preferred tastes.
- Serve immediately.
- Adjust thickness by adding more almond milk if required.
- Fresh or frozen fruit can be used however using frozen helps to create a thicker smoothie.
- Any milk can be used instead of almond milk.
- Any sweetener can be used such as honey, agave nectar or sugar.
- Best served immediately, however leftovers can be stored in the fridge for up to 1 day.
- Nutrition information does not include maple syrup. If you add maple syrup, you will end up with 6 grams of additional added sugar (26 grams of total sugar) and 180 calories per serving.