Pineapple Cucumber SmoothieThis post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my disclosure.
Enjoy this sweet pineapple cucumber smoothie as a healthy breakfast or snack! Juicy pineapple, refreshing cucumber, and creamy coconut blend together in just 5 minutes for a satisfying drink everyone will love. It’s vegan, gluten-free, and refined sugar free, too!
This cucumber green smoothie makes the perfect start to the day! Not only is it quick and easy to make, but it’s also loaded with healthy ingredients that will provide you with hours of energy.
I love adding cucumbers to smoothies, because they’re super hydrating, low in calories (source), and have a mild flavor that blends with just about anything! The pineapples and bananas add a touch of sweetness without needing any added sugar, and give you a boost of fiber as well.
This drink is the perfect way to cool down on a hot summer day, while equally great year-round as part of a healthy, plant-based diet.
Make this detox cucumber smoothie as a quick breakfast, a snack, or even a sweet treat at the end of the day! It works well for the whole family, and also happens to be a great way to get kids to eat some greens!
👩🏽🍳 Why You’ll Love This Pineapple Cucumber Smoothie
- Easy To Make: Toss all the ingredients in the blender, with minimal preparation needed! This is the perfect smoothie for busy days. No need to compromise on health when you have a recipe as delicious as this cucumber and pineapple smoothie!
- Budget-Friendly: Healthy smoothies are a great way to get your fruits & veggies in without breaking your budget! You will only need a few ingredients that can be found at any of your local grocery stores. The chia seeds will be the more pricey item but a full bag will last you a long time!
- Meal Prep: I love prepping the smoothie ingredients ahead of time, adding them to individual serving-size bags and freezing them. In the morning you can toss the contents of the freezer-safe bag into a blender, add the liquid, and be all set!
- Customizable: Easily swap out ingredients, or add in extra fruits and veggies! This green smoothie recipe can be adjusted to your preferences. Keep reading to see some of my favorite recommendations.
- Great Taste: Pineapple and cucumber is a great combination, along with the mint, coconut, and lime! The flavors pair perfectly together, creating the most refreshing smoothie.
Latest Recipe Video!
This cucumber smoothie recipe is full of fresh ingredients, making for an easy way to get dietary fiber, vitamins, and minerals. See the recipe card at the end of this post for nutritional information.
- Pineapple: Frozen pineapple will be the best to keep this smoothie thick and cold, but you can also cut up a ripe pineapple to use.
- Cucumber: Cucumber in a smoothie is so refreshing and delicious! You will use a whole cucumber for this recipe. I recommend using English cucumbers for a sweeter taste, but really any fresh cucumber will do.
- Greens: You’ll use fresh spinach and baby kale to add an extra dose of health and fiber to this cucumber cleanse smoothie.
- Banana: Use a ripe banana to provide a naturally sweet flavor and creamy texture.
- Unsweetened Coconut Milk: You can use boxed coconut milk, or for an extra-creamy base, try light coconut milk or full-fat coconut milk from the can. The full fat coconut milk will make this more like a pineapple cucumber shake recipe!
- Chia Seeds: These will add protein and fiber to the smoothie!
- Lime: You can use fresh lime or bottled lime juice to add a kick of citrus flavor to the cucumber pineapple smoothie. The juice of 1 medium lime will be perfect!
- Fresh Mint Leaves: Mint, cucumber and pineapple are a classic pairing, and the mint adds a bright, subtly sweet, fresh flavor to this cucumber and pineapple detox smoothie.
- Chilled Water: Add in chilled filtered water if you need to adjust the thickness. But this is optional, and I recommend adding it in only after you’ve blended your smoothie, since you can always make your smoothie thinner but it’s harder to make it thicker once you’ve added the water!
🍲 Ingredient Substitutions
- Tropical Fruits: Try out other tropical fruits like mango, dragon fruit, or papaya.
- Greens: You can use fresh baby spinach on its own, or vice versa. Or try out other greens like arugula or chard.
- Milk: Any plant-based milk can be used for this cucumber banana smoothie, like almond milk or oat milk. You can also swap the coconut milk for coconut water for a lighter smoothie option.
- Seeds: You can swap the chia seeds for hemp seeds, flax seeds, pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds!
- Citrus: If you do not have limes, feel free to use lemon juice in this cucumber fruit smoothie.
- Herbs: If you want to play around with the flavor profile you can use fresh basil or lemon balm.
🔪 How To Make A Pineapple Cucumber Smoothie
This green smoothie with cucumber and pineapple is the easiest recipe to make at home! Follow along with these simple steps:
Add Ingredients: Place all ingredients into a high speed blender.
Blend: Blend cucumber and pineapple, along with other ingredients, until smooth. Scrape down the sides as needed.
Adjust & Serve: Adjust thickness by adding cold water if needed. Serve the pineapple cucumber detox smoothie immediately.
💭 Expert Tips
- Add Ice: If using fresh pineapple chunks, add some ice cubes to the smoothie before blending. This will ensure that your pineapple cucumber shake turns out nice and cold.
- More Flavor: For a stronger lime flavor, add in some lime zest! I’m a big fan of lime so I like to use about 1 tsp zest, along with the juice, for a bold citrus taste.
- Creamier Smoothie: For a thicker, creamier smoothie use a frozen banana.
- Adjust Sweetness: You can adjust sweetness to suit your taste. Honey or maple syrup can be added! However, this creamy pineapple cucumber smoothie is quite sweet from the natural sweetness of the fruit.
- Cucumber Mango Smoothie: Swap the pineapple for mango, or keep both! This tropical fruit will add extra sweetness and flavor.
- Watermelon Cucumber Smoothie: Replace the pineapple with watermelon – it provides a cool, fresh flavor to this smoothie and makes it a lighter drink.
- Pineapple Cucumber Ginger Smoothie: Add about ½ inch – 1 inch of fresh ginger, depending on your preference. Ginger can be pretty strong, so start with less and add in more if needed. You can also try ginger powder.
- Pineapple Avocado And Cucumber Smoothie: Swap the banana for avocado which is a great way to add in healthy fats to this creamy smoothie.
- Add More Protein: Add a scoop of your favorite protein powder for additional protein. You can also add a spoonful of Greek yogurt!
🍽 Serving Suggestions
Enjoy this pineapple cucumber spinach smoothie on its own as a healthy snack or breakfast. If you want a more filling meal, turn this recipe into a smoothie bowl! Add toppings like fresh fruit, coconut flakes, high protein granola, nut butter, or hemp seeds. You can also pair alongside other breakfast foods like:
🙌 Dietary Adaptations
This pineapple cucumber smoothie recipe will already meet the requirements of most diets as it is dairy-free, gluten-free, soy free, and vegan! If you need to change any of the ingredients you can find inspiration within the substitutions and variations sections above!
- To Refrigerate: This pineapple cucumber mint smoothie is best served immediately. However, any leftover smoothie can be stored in the fridge for up to 24 hours. Place the contents in an airtight container or mason jar. The next day, give the smoothie a good stir before serving.
- To Freeze: You can freeze this smoothie in an ice cube tray. Next time you want an easy morning smoothie, add the cubes to the blender with a little coconut milk or plain water. The smoothie cubes will keep in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Generally you should not need to peel the cucumber before blending! However, some types of cucumbers do have a more bitter tasting skin that might not be as favorable. You can take a bite of one of the cucumber slices prior to adding it to the blender to check. If you find there to be a bitterness to the peel, feel free to remove the cucumber skin before blending.
Any high-speed blender should be able to achieve a really nice texture for smoothies! Vitamix is at the top of the list for best blender brands, but you can find more budget-friendly options too.
Everyone prefers a different smoothie consistency so feel free to adjust the liquids as needed. Keep in mind that cucumber will also give a boost of liquid to this smoothie. For best results, follow along with the measurement suggested, and then adjust the thickness. For a thicker smoothie, blend a little more fruit or veggies. To make it thinner, simply add some water or coconut milk.
No, you will not need to strain this cucumber and pineapple smoothie. The cucumbers blend up nicely into a smooth consistency! While you should not notice any pulp or seeds, note that English cucumbers and Persian cucumbers will contain less seeds versus regular cucumbers.
🥤 More Healthy Smoothie Recipes!
- Mixed Berry Smoothie
- Spinach And Banana Smoothie
- Apple Carrot Smoothie
- Dragon Fruit Smoothie
- Broccoli Smoothie
- Banana Peach Smoothie
- Spinach Ginger Smoothie
- Blueberry Pineapple Smoothie
Love this healthy smoothie recipe? Please leave a 5-star rating 🌟 in the recipe below and/or a review in the comment section further down the page!
📋 Recipe Card
🎥 Watch How to Make It
Pineapple Cucumber Smoothie
- Place all ingredients into a high speed blender.
- Blend until smooth, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Adjust thickness by adding water if needed.
- Serve immediately.
- For a thicker, creamier smoothie use frozen banana and canned light coconut milk instead of boxed coconut milk.
- Adjust sweetness to suit your taste. Honey or maple syrup can be added however the smoothie is quite sweet from the natural sweetness of the fruit.
- Smoothie is best served immediately however leftovers can be stored in the fridge for up to 24 hours. Smoothie will need to be stirred well before serving.
- If using fresh pineapple add some ice cubes to the smoothie before blending.
- Coconut milk can be substituted with other plant based milk if preferred.
- Add a scoop of vanilla protein powder for additional protein.
- Chia seeds can be substituted with flax seeds or hulled hemp seeds.