Baby Food Recipes: Zucchini, Apple and Carrot PureeThis post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure.
Veggies mixed with fruit is always bound to be a hit in our household. Zucchini and carrots are already pretty mild / on the sweeter side, so when paired with some apples, it becomes a true sweet treat! I often mix this puree with Layla’s oatmeal in the morning and she loves it!
Baby Food Recipes: Zucchini, Apple and Carrot Puree
- 1 pound organic zucchini
- 1/2 pound organic carrots
- 2 organic fuji apples 6oz each
- 12 oz water
- Wash all the produce. Cut zucchini in half lengthwise and cut each half into 8 pieces.
- Peel carrots. Cut in half lengthwise and cut each half into 8 pieces.
- Cut apples in half, remove seeds and stem. Cut each half into 8 pieces.
- Add carrots and water into a large pot. Turn on high and cook 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add zucchini and apples and cook another 3-5 minutes.
- Pour everything into a blender, puree until smooth.
- Pour into ice cube trays, allow to cool, wrap/cover, and freeze.
- Thaw in the fridge the night before use, or thaw by putting the ice cube in a bowl over a bowl of hot water on the counter to defrost.