The Best Multivitamins for Women: 2020This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure.
Are you looking for the healthiest and best multivitamins for women on the market today? This post will help you find the best multivitamin for you!
When looking for the best multivitamin specifically designed for women, it can be confusing. What are the most important vitamins to be included in a multivitamin for women? Which brands are the best? Do you even need to take a multivitamin?
Not all multivitamins are created equal. Sorting through all the various brands, and finding answers to these questions can be time consuming and still leave you feeling bewildered and confused.
That’s where this guide comes in. I did a lot of research and found the healthiest and best multivitamins for women on the market today. Below is my quick list of the best prenatals, multivitamins and probiotics for women and further down in the post you’ll find details about each vitamin, pros and cons of each and things to consider when finding the right one for you!
Best Prenatal Multivitamin
Best Womens Multivitamins
Liquid Multivitamin for Women
If you have trouble swallowing large vitamins, a liquid vitamin is a good option.
Probiotic for Women
If you’re looking for a quality probiotic
Do women need to take a multivitamin?
Taking a daily multivitamin is a good way to ensure you’re getting all the nutrients your body needs. Even when we are doing our best to eat a healthy diet of fruits, vegetables, and whole grains it’s challenging to get the necessary daily nutrients in the food you eat on a daily basis. That’s when taking a multivitamin helps to fill in any gaps.
What are the benefits of taking a daily multivitamin for women?
There are several benefits of taking a daily multivitamin on both your mental and physical health.
- Reduced Risk of Chronic Disease
- Improved Mood
- More Energy
- Immune Support
- Reduce Stress and Anxiety
- Improve Memory
- Maintain Muscle Strength
What should you look for in a multivitamin?
There are several key nutrients that are particularly important for women’s health. When looking for a multivitamin these key nutrients are essential.
- Vitamin D: Improves bone health, and helps with absorption of calcium. It also helps improve mood.
- Magnesium: Helps reduce stress, improves sleep, balances blood sugar, and regulates muscle and nerve function.
- Calcium: Most women are calcium deficient. Women lose bone density more quickly than men, making calcium an essential nutrient for women.
- Zinc: Supports the immune system.
- Iron: Not everyone needs the same amount of iron, however iron is an essential nutrient for women. It helps increase energy, supports better brain function, and healthy red blood cells.
- Folate/Folic Acid: Not only is folic acid important to take while pregnant, but it also helps with inflammation.
- B-12: Helps to keep your body’s nerve and blood cells healthy.
What should you avoid in a multivitamin?
- In most cases you don’t want a multivitamin that delivers more than 100% of any nutrient.
- Look for a multivitamin that comes from whole food sources or as close to whole food sources, rather than synthetic sources.
- Stay away from vitamins that contain food dyes, artificial sweeteners, sugars, and oils.
Here is a List of Ingredients to Avoid in Your Multivitamin:
- Artificial flavors
- Food Dyes (FD&C Red #40 Lake, FD&C Blue #2 Lake, FD&C Yellow #6 Lake)
- Mono- and Diglycerides
Best Multivitamins for Women
If you’re looking for an excellent prenatal vitamin, this is it! Developed by an MD to include all of the nutrients necessary to insure healthy fetal development, these prenatal vitamins include, Vitamin K2 MK-7, Methylfolate, Methylcobolamin, and Glutathione.
This organic multivitamin is fortified with iron and contains 21 essential vitamins. With a healthy dose of folate for cell development, it also contains ginger and peppermint to help with nausea.
This vitamin contains 17+ essential daily vitamins + minerals that are bioavailable and absorb easily. They are vegan, allergen-free, gluten-free, non GMO, and super clean from an ingredients standpoint. This is a great all-around vitamin! They also have an ongoing buy 3 get 1 free offer (so if you buy 3 bottles, you get 1 free!)
An all in one multivitamin that supports your metabolism, promotes energy, supports blood and heart health, and healthy skin and nails.
A complete daily multivitamin made with raw whole-food ingredients to create a balanced, healthy women’s multivitamin, and probiotic. Supports breast health, reproductive health, and heart health.
Derived from plant sources this multivitamin uses organic vegetables and fruits to create a high quality supplement. With no additives and packed nutrients specifically for the needs of women such as folate. Only one capsule needed a day.
Designed with the specific nutritional needs of women and clinically tested, Rainbow Light Women’s One supports heart health, breast health, increases bone strength, decreases your stress, and improves your energy production.
For women who have strict dietary guidelines this multivitamin is for everyone. Formulated to support your health and nourish your body. Supports healthy bones, replenishes iron levels during menstruation, B vitamins for improved energy.
A comprehensive vitamin that provides minerals and other essential nutrients for both men and women. The ingredients are research-based and formulated using pure ingredients designed to deliver predictable results that benefit a wide range of people.
A liquid multivitamin that can be taken by women, men and children. Designed to help with focus, mood, strengthen hair, skin, and nails, improve digestion, and boost immunity with easy absorption.
A high quality multivitamin that uses fermented vitamins that are easier for the body to absorb. Contains essential vitamins, minerals, and iron. It also contains 3 blends to support stress and energy, hormones, and the immune system.
A comprehensive multivitamin for nutritional support that is designed for easy absorption, and made for both men and women in a 2 capsule per day form.
Check out these other vitamin guides!
- The Best Adult Vitamins to Support Immunity
- The Healthiest Children’s Vitamins
- The 5 Best Kids Probiotics
I hope this list helps you find a multivitamin that is right for you! Please consult with your doctor before starting any supplement program.