Hiya Vitamins Review: A Better Children’s MultivitaminThis post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure.
In this Hiya Vitamins Review I take an honest look at this re-imagined children’s multivitamin, answering all of your questions, and providing you with the pros and cons, as well as the benefits of using this vitamin for your children.
When choosing the right kids multivitamin for your child, you have a lot of options. Unfortunately, most of the vitamins marketed for children can actually do more harm than good!
If you have just begin your search for the perfect multivitamin for your child, you’ve likely come up with more questions than answers. Does my child need a multivitamin? Which multivitamin is best? What vitamins and nutrients should be included? Do my kids even need a multivitamin?
When you’re first diving into getting to these answers it can feel overwhelming! How do you know which resources to trust, and can you trust the marketing claims of the vitamin brands out there?
When Hiya started their company they didn’t like the answers they were getting with regard to the vitamins available on the market for kids. When the founders of Hiya started to look at the ingredients in their kids vitamins, they realized that most kids multivitamins were more or less candy in disguise, filled with sugar, artificial flavors and processed ingredients.
Wanting a better vitamin for kids everywhere, they set out on making their own, and that’s how Hiya was born!
What Are Hiya Vitamins?
Hiya Vitamins were founded by two fathers, Darren Litt and Adam Gillman, who realized that all of the existing options for children’s vitamins had the same amount of sugar as an Oreo cookie(!!), and on top of that, didn’t include the highly absorbable forms for vitamins that kids need.
They decided to create their own: chewable vitamins that would adequately address common nutritional gaps in most kids’ diets, without any artificial sweeteners or added cane sugar!
They first gathered a group of top pediatricians, nutritionists, scientists, and parents to formulate the best chewable multivitamins for kids made with organic fruits and vegetables.
The result was Hiya Health Vitamins, a daily chewable vitamin suitable for kids aged 2 through mid teens. It has 15 essential vitamins and minerals, including Zinc, Vitamin D3, B12, and Manganese. Each vitamin and mineral is individually sourced to support immunity, mood, concentration, and brain development.
These vitamins are made with pure natural ingredients, yet still taste great!
What Makes Them Different From Other Children’s Vitamins?
Fruits and Veggies
Using organic fruits and vegetables, these vitamins help support nutritional gaps common in children such as Vitamin A, Vitamin B12, Riboflavin (Vitamin B2), Folate, Vitamin D, Calcium, Manganese, Zinc, and Iodine. These nutrients and vitamins help support your child’s growth and development. If you have picky eaters, choosing a vitamin that includes organic produce to create their nutrient profile is a great way to fill in the gaps!
Sweetened With Monk Fruit
Did you know that a typical kid’s vitamin has as much as two teaspoons of sugar?! Not these! There is zero sugar in Hiya’s Vitamins, but they are still sweet. How did they do that? Each chewable is naturally sweetened with monk fruit! Monk fruit is paired with mannitol, a natural sugar alcohol derived from fruits and vegetables.
Natural Organic Ingredients: NO JUNK
- No Dyes
- No Preservatives
- Naturally Sweetened with Monk Fruit
- Eco Friendly
- Delicious Taste
What Is In Hiya’s Kids Daily Multivitamin?
These vitamins include 15 essential nutrients and vitamins for children. They were formulated by pediatricians with the nutrients and vitamins commonly deficient in children. Vitamins should never be a substitute for good nutrition. A healthy diet of whole grains, fruits, vegetables, and lean protein are essential for your child’s growth and development. However, vitamins like Hiya can help fill in the gaps.
Many of the 15 vitamins and minerals included in Hiya are overlooked by other children’s multivitamin brands.
- Vitamin A: Found in carrots, kale and squash. Vitamin A has been shown to provide immunity support and healthy eyes and cells. Two types of vitamin A are found in their formula.
- Vitamin C: Found in oranges, peppers, and strawberries. Some pediatricians suggest Vitamin C may help the duration of the common cold and similar viral infections.
- Vitamin D3: Found in mushrooms, eggs, and fish. It supports the immune system and bone development. According to recent studies, more than 40% of kids are deficient in Vitamin D. Those most at risk include picky eaters, kids living with obesity, or kids in cold climates.
- Vitamin E: Found in avocado, spinach and almonds. Vitamin E has been shown to support eyesight, the heart, and the immune system.
- Thiamin: Found in seaweed, grains and legumes. Supports concentration, sleep, and general mood. Especially important to supplement if you have a picky eater!
- Riboflavin: Found in spinach, banana, asparagus. Supports eyesight, energy, and cell growth.
- Folate (Vitamin B9): Found in broccoli, brussels sprouts, and avocado. Supports energy and cellular growth. Unmetabolized folic acid, which is what is typically found in breakfast cereals and most traditional vitamins, is not in a form that is easily absorbed by the body. The natural form of folate is much better utilized and is the form that is found in whole foods.
- Vitamin B12: Found in bananas & cow’s milk. Supports healthy sleep. Note: cyanocobalamin is more commonly found in most vitamins but that form is also synthetic and contains a cyanide molecule, which might be risky for kids. That’s why Hiya made the switch to methylcobalamin — the naturally-occurring form that’s much more absorbable for people of all ages!
- Biotin: Found in cauliflower, mushrooms, and avocado. Supports cellular growth and healthy skin.
- Pantothenic Acid (Vitamin B5): Found in plants. Supports energy, sleep, and focus.
- Calcium: Found in broccoli, collard greens, kale. Supports bones and development.
- Iodine: Found in kale, and eggs. Supports thyroid function.
- Zinc: Found in beans. Supports the immune system and helps with infections, and cuts.
- Selenium: Found in mushrooms. Supports sleep, mood, and inflammation.
- Manganese: Found in tofu, potatoes, chickpeas. Support for inflammation and metabolism.
Pros: What I Like About Hiya Vitamins
- A chewable children’s multivitamin (not a gummy multivitamin which can get stuck in kids’ teeth)
- Made with a blend of organic fruits and vegetables
- One a day formula
- Made with fruits and vegetables
- Naturally sweetened with monk fruit
- No added sugar
- No added preservatives
- Delivered fresh to your door with free shipping!
- Eco-friendly packaging
- Manufactured in the USA
- Third party tested
- Comes in a reusable glass bottle
- Free of heavy metals, allergens, and pathogens
Cons: Other Things To Consider
- Must purchase a monthly subscription plan. This means that your vitamins will be delivered to your home each month. This may be a pro or con depending on how you feel about subscription plans. However, it is easy to cancel your subscription at anytime. Your first order comes with a reusable bottle, and the following vitamins are delivered in a small pouch for you to refill your bottle.
- The regular price of a 30 day supply of Hiya Vitamins is $30. That can be a bit pricey at $1 per vitamin. However, they have a special for 50% off which brings the price down to $15 for a 30 day supply! If you have more than one child, you can purchase their 2-5 kid supply which brings the total cost of each vitamin down significantly. A 5 kid supply of vitamins costs $11.50 per bottle for a 30 day supply.
Are Hiya Vitamins Right For My Child?
Deciding whether or not your child needs a multivitamin is really up to you! If your child is eating a well-balanced nutrient rich diet, it may not be necessary to provide them with a daily vitamin.
However, young children are growing and developing at a rapid rate. Especially when they are toddlers they are learning to walk, talk, and eat sold foods. Helping them fill in any nutrient gaps with a multivitamin you can trust, is an excellent to way to ensure their little bodies are getting everything they need for optimal health, growth, and development.
Personally, I use Hiya Vitamins for my kids, and would definitely recommend them, as I have found them to be one of the best kids vitamins on the market today!
How Does The Hiya Vitamin Service Work?
Hiya’s chewable children’s vitamin service is a monthly delivery service that’s basically a “set and forget” approach to vitamins. In your first delivery, you’ll receive enough vitamins for the first month, a child-proof glass bottle to store your child’s vitamins, and a bunch of stickers for your child to decorate their bottle with! All you have to do is sign up, pick your delivery date, and you’re all set! (Sign up here!)
Hiya Vitamins FAQs
Technically, all of your child’s nutrient needs can be met by eating fresh vegetables, real fruit, whole grains and lean protein. However, the reality is that most kids, especially picky eaters, don’t eat a balanced diet and therefore aren’t getting the vitamins and minerals they need each day! That’s where a single dose of Hiya vitamins can really make a difference for your child’s health!
Your child only needs to take 1 chewable a day! Other children’s vitamins require up to 4 per day. But because Hiya has none of the junk and is a sugar-free vitamin, they are able to include all the necessary nutrients into one chewable tablet.
Yes! Both boys and girls have a similar nutrient profile as children. So these vitamins provide both boys and girls the nutrients they need.
These vitamins are designed for children ages 3-15. It is not recommended to give these vitamins to your child prior to three years of age as they are a chewable and could be a choking hazard for young children.
Hiya recommends that your child take their vitamin with a meal, either breakfast or dinner. However, if you forget and give it to them without a meal, it is perfectly safe to do so.
You can cancel your subscription at anytime. Simply contact support at email@example.com OR go into your account to change your subscription settings.
You can’t just order one bottle without signing up for a Hiya health subscription. That’s because the subscription is a monthly experience intended to give you peace of mind that your child will always have the vitamins they need on hand (you’ll never run out!) They deliver a pouch of fresh vitamins to your door each month. But, you can always sign up for a subscription and cancel if it doesn’t work out – Hiya has super easy cancellation and free shipping too!
Check Out These Other Vitamin Guides!
- Healthiest Children’s Vitamins Guide
- Ritual Vitamins Review
- Best Multivitamins for Women
- Best Vitamins for Immune Support
I hope I have thoroughly answered all of your questions in this Hiya Vitamins review! If you have any further questions, please leave a comment below – I personally respond to every question I get! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more delicious, healthy, family friendly food!