I love dressing up store-bought ingredients to make them feel like they’re totally homemade. And one of my favorite ingredients to do this with is ravioli! The husband loves ravioli, it might be one of his favorite types of pasta dishes.
And now there are some really great pre-made ravioli options out there – made with all-natural, healthy ingredients, and when cooked – almost taste homemade. I really like using Pasta Prima’s Ravioli, which is what I used for this dish.
Dressed up with a delicious roasted tomato sauce and some fresh herbs, and served with a salad of greens, this felt like a gourmet Italian meal that we enjoyed on a weeknight.
The cherry tomatoes burst open in your mouth when you bite into them, and their juices (mixed with balsamic vinegar and olive oil) make the most delicious sauce.
This is this the perfect recipe for Meatless Monday, it’s so hearty and filling that you won’t miss the meat!
Adapted from CookingLight.com
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes
- 3 shallots, cut into slices
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 3 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 4 servings spinach & cheese ravioli (about 16oz)
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
Spinach and Cheese Ravioli with Roasted Tomatoes and Basil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Cut all the tomatoes in half. arrange tomatoes and shallots in a pan coated with cooking spray. Drizzle with 1 tsp olive oil, toss. Bake at 425 degrees for 35 min.
- Take the tomatoes out of the oven, stir. Add 2 tsp olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper to the pan. Bake an additional 10 minutes.
- Cook ravioli according to package directions. Drain ravioli and reserve 1/4 cup of cooking liquid. Add ravioli to tomatoes, toss. Add cooking liquid if needed. Garnish with chopped basil.