The Picky Eater Meal Plan (Week 7)This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my disclosure.
For this week, here is our dinner plan:
- Monday: Simple Slow Cooker Yellow Dal with Broccoli Sabji (I just substitute broccoli and potatoes for the cauliflower/peas/carrots in this recipe)
- Tuesday: Mediterranean Style Paninis –> I’m adding baby spinach to these
- Wednesday: Leftover Dal & Sabji!
- Thursday: Pumpkin and White Bean Bisque –> I serve this with mini grilled cheeses made with sprouted wheat bread and pepperjack cheese (I cut the sandwiches into 4 triangles so they are perfect for dipping in the soup!)
- Friday: Eat out
- Saturday: Black Bean Chilaquiles
- Sunday: Leftovers!
Over the years I’ve gotten lots of questions from all of you about what I eat on a weekly basis, how I meal plan, etc. And so I thought the easiest thing to do would be to just share what we are actually eating on a weekly basis and how we balance things out!
Some of my general rules for weekly meal planning:
- Breakfasts for us are always some version of oatmeal – I just mix things up by changing toppings every so often. If you’re looking for a bit more variety, try one of these recipes here.
- Lunches are usually either leftovers, or one of these easy recipes here.
- For dinner: I alternate between super fast meals that are still healthy, and meals that might take a bit more time (no more than 45 min – 1 hour to make). I like variety but it’s hard to figure out variety 3 times a day every day, so I keep our breakfasts and lunches simple, and change things up each night for dinner! We also eat out once a week, and do leftovers once a week at least!
- Some Helpful Resources: Simple meal planning template, Weekly grocery list items.
If you’re looking for quick and easy meals you can make in under 30 minutes, check out my !5 Pantry Meals!
For those of you who are new to meal planning, you can do it! Just follow this plan, make a shopping list, go shopping and make it happen! Happy cooking everyone!