Overnight Weetabix (7 Ways!)This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my disclosure.
Start your mornings off right with this healthy overnight Weetabix recipe! It is packed with whole grains, dietary fiber, B Vitamins, and protein. This hearty breakfast option tastes amazing, is great for meal prep, has 7 different flavor options, and is super easy to make too!
I am always on the lookout for delicious and healthy breakfast options, and this overnight Weetabix recipe checks all the boxes for me! It is loaded with nutrients, yet still satisfies sweet cravings. You may have seen other overnight Weet-bix recipes on social media, as it has become a Tik Tok food trend! But like many food trends that I have seen online, I am always looking for ways to modify it for a healthier option.
This overnight breakfast Weetabix takes basic ingredients and enhances the flavors with various options, so you can pick what is best for you! For something more indulgent the Biscoff or Oreo option is great. For something light and fresh you might enjoy the tropical or mixed berry option. Whatever way you go, it is sure to be the best breakfast ever!
Weetabix overnight oats will quickly become a go-to breakfast in your home. We will take you through the steps of making a Biscoff overnight Weetabix for all you Biscoff lovers out there, but you can easily modify this basic recipe with our suggestions for 7 other flavor options below!
✔️ What Is Overnight Weetabix?
Overnight Weetbix, or Weetabix, originated as a TikTok food trend! Essentially, it is taking Weetabix breakfast cereal, soaking it in milk overnight (similar to overnight oats), and layering it with fun toppings like yogurt, fresh fruit, sweet mix-ins, etc.
Weetabix is a classic cereal that comes in a larger biscuit form. So, similar to oats, when mixed with milk, it will begin to soften and can be broken apart into bite size pieces. The main difference is that with when making Weetabix overnight, you only need to soak the Weetabix and milk, but then the rest of the toppings can be layered on top, vs. mixed in as you would with overnight oats. It’s a great healthy breakfast option for busy mornings, as Weetabix cereal is a good source of whole grains, is high in fiber, and contains 4 grams of protein per serving!
👩🏽🍳 Why You’ll Love This Overnight Weetabix
- Versatile: This healthy overnight Weetabix with milk is super customizable. It is so easy to take the Weetabix base and modify it to your liking. We share 7 different toppings and flavor ideas down below in a later section!
- Kid-Friendly: Kids will love this healthy breakfast recipe, and they can add in all of their favorite toppings! It’s a great way to get your kids to eat more whole grains and plant protein.
- Easy To Make: This recipe will only take 5 minutes of prep time with only 3 main ingredients for the base. From there, you can play around and make this recipe as simple or elaborate as you’d like!
- Meal Prep: Make this Weetabix in milk as part of your meal prep for an easy breakfast the next morning or two!
Latest Recipe Video!
Made with simple ingredients, this overnight Weetabix with yogurt and milk comes together quickly and easily! See the recipe card at the bottom of the page for the exact measurements.
- Weetabix Biscuits: Crushed Weetabix is the base for this nutritious breakfast.
- Milk: Milk and Weetabix go hand in hand! Cow’s milk is most commonly paired with Weetabix cereal, but you could use plant based milk in this recipe too.
- Maple Syrup: Maple syrup will add the best touch of sweetness to your Weetabix base without loading up on refined sugars.
- Banana: Banana is the perfect topping for these Weetabix overnight oats! It is creamy, sweet, and layers well.
- Greek Yogurt: Greek yogurt is a high protein source! You can use vanilla yogurt or plain yogurt – both work well with this topping combo and adds a nice creamy texture.
- Biscoff Spread & Biscoff Cookie Crumble: Adding in Biscoff spread and cookies takes this breakfast to a whole new level!
🍲 Ingredient Substitutions
- Weetbix: If you’d rather, you can swap the Weetabix for oats to make a classic overnight oats recipe! Chia seeds would also be a good choice if you like chia pudding.
- Milk: Any type of milk will work for this overnight Weetabix recipe. Whole milk, low fat milk, non fat milk, or a plant based milk like oat milk, or almond milk would all be a good option.
- Sugar: Maple syrup can be substituted for honey, agave syrup, or coconut sugar.
- Fruit: Banana goes well with the flavors in this Weetabix overnight oats recipe, but other fruits work too. Try fresh fruit like berries or peaches.
- Yogurt: Regular yogurt or non-dairy yogurt work for this recipe too!
- Biscoff Spread: If you do not have Biscoff spread on hand, you can use any nut butter to add some flavor. This would be an even healthier option!
🔪 How To Make Overnight Weetabix
Follow along with these detailed instructions to learn how to make overnight Weetabix. You can make it exactly as is, or modify it after combining the base ingredients with one of the other flavor variations down below.
Combine Ingredients: Crush the Weetabix biscuits and spread into the bottom of a container. Pour over the maple syrup and milk. Stir to combine.
Layer Ingredients: Press down with the back of a spoon to form an even layer. Top with sliced banana.
Make Yogurt Mix: In a separate bowl mix together the yogurt and melted Biscoff spread.
Add Toppings: Spread in an even layer over the sliced bananas.
Chill & Serve: Finish by sprinkling crushed Biscoff cookies over the top of the yogurt layer. Cover with a lid and refrigerate overnight or for at least 2 hours.
Serve and enjoy!
💭 Expert Tips
- Avoid Mess: You can crush the Weetabix biscuits in a zipped plastic bag to avoid any mess from crumbs. Alternatively, you can crush the biscuits once they have been combined with the milk, in the container itself.
- If You Can’t Refrigerate Overnight, let this sit for at least 2-3 hours in the fridge before serving so the flavors can combine and the base can set.
- Double Or Triple Batch: Since this breakfast Weetabix will keep for 2-3 days, you can double or triple the recipe to make more servings for a quick and easy make ahead breakfast.
📖 Flavor Variations
- Tropical: Mix fruit such as mango, papaya and kiwi into the Greek yogurt instead of the Biscoff spread. Top with passion fruit mixed into coconut yogurt instead of the crushed cookies.
- Chocolate: Mix cocoa powder into yogurt and top the Weetabix base. Then make a chocolate layer with chocolate nutella (or try this vegan Nutella). Top with chocolate chips or crumbled chocolate cookies.
- Peanut Butter And Banana: Drizzle peanut butter into the yogurt layer, sweeten with maple syrup and top with a layer of sliced banana and peanut butter granola.
- Mixed Berries: Replace the bananas with a layer of mixed frozen or fresh berries for your overnight Weetbix.
- Cinnamon: Stir ¼ tsp cinnamon through the Greek yogurt and top the Weetabix base.
- Oreo Cookie: Crush Oreo cookies and mix through yogurt and finish with a top layer of more crushed cookies and mini chocolate chips.
- Overnight Protein Weetabix: Add a scoop of vanilla protein powder to the Greek yogurt and spread in an even layer over the Weetabix base. Top with your favorite berries! Add a bit of vanilla extract for extra vanilla flavor.
🍽 Serving Suggestions
Enjoy overnight Weetabix cereal with any of the flavor variations above, and pair with other healthy vegetarian breakfast ideas for a larger, filling breakfast. I love sipping on a beetroot latte or Biscoff latte for a relaxing morning!
🙌 Dietary Adaptations
This healthy Weetabix recipe can be easily adapted to meet dietary needs. Here are a couple alternatives that you may enjoy:
Vegan Option: To make this into a dairy free, vegan overnight Weetabix recipe, try using plant-based alternatives like coconut yogurt and unsweetened almond milk instead of Greek yogurt and cow’s milk.
Lower Sugar Option: If you prefer to make a low sugar overnight Weetabix, omit the maple syrup, Biscoff cookies, and use your favorite nut butter instead of the Biscoff spread. While the maple syrup is a natural sweetener that is considered to be an unrefined sugar, it could still spike your blood sugar and you may prefer to leave it out.
Gluten-Free Option: For a gluten-free version, replace the Weetbix with oats, use peanut butter instead of the Biscoff spread, and use a gluten free cookie option for the crumble topping.
To Store In The Fridge: You may store these Weetabix overnight oats in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Keep toppings separate for the best texture and freshness and add right before consuming. I don’t recommend freezing this recipe as the texture will completely change when defrosted.
Weetabix was created in 1932 and gets its name as a shortened version of “wheat biscuits.” You may also see it referred to as Weet-Bix or Weetbix, mainly in New Zealand and Australia. For the U.K. and USA, it is Weetabix!
Weetabix is considered to be healthy as it is high in fiber and fortified with minerals. It contains around 4g of protein and 4g of fiber per serving, along with b vitamins like thiamin and riboflavin. Thanks to the iron, niacin, and folic acid, you will get a great boost of energy and feel less tired.
The healthiest way to enjoy Weetabix is with organic milk, preferably from pasture raised cows or unsweetened nut milk. Adding in extra nutrients from fruits, nuts, and seeds also increased the health benefits!
Yes, you can enjoy Weetabix at any time of day. While it is traditionally eaten as a breakfast food item, you can make it for dinner. Overnight Weetabix tastes so good that it could also be enjoyed as a dessert as Weetabix cheesecake! The creamy Biscoff yogurt mixture on top of the Weetabix layer is an absolute treat for your taste buds. Although it is formulated with ingredients that help alleviate tiredness, it doesn’t contain any caffeine that would keep you up at night.
Weetabix on its own may be stored in the pantry at room temperature, but once mixed with milk for overnight Weetabix, it is best to store in the fridge.
You could serve this overnight Weetabix to a baby or toddler, as long as they are eating solids. For a baby, be sure to allow the Weetabix to soak in the milk until fully softened. Also, if you’re serving this to kids, babies, or toddlers, I recommend leaving out the Biscoff altogether and adding in healthy fruits and nut butter for a healthy kids breakfast option.
🥣 More Healthy Breakfast Ideas!
- Healthy Flapjacks
- High Protein Overnight Oats
- Homemade Cinnamon Toast Crunch
- Peanut Butter Baked Oatmeal
- Vegan Protein Pancakes
- 20 Healthiest Breakfast Cereals
- Vegan Breakfast Cookies
- Matcha Overnight Oats
- Flaxseed Pudding
- Masala Oats
Love this plant based breakfast recipe? Please leave a 5-star rating 🌟 in the recipe below and/or a review in the comments section further down the page!
📋 Recipe Card
🎥 Watch How to Make It
- 1 banana sliced
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- 1½ tbsp Biscoff spread or peanut butter
- 1-2 crushed Biscoff cookies
- Crush the weetabix biscuits into a container.
- Pour over the maple syrup and milk. Stir to combine.
- Press down to form an even layer.
- Top with sliced banana.
- In a separate bowl mix together the yogurt and melted biscoff spread.
- Spread in an even layer over the sliced bananas and finish with crushed biscoff cookies.
- Cover with a lid and refrigerate overnight or for at least 2 hours.
- Serve and enjoy.
- Adjust sweetness by reducing maple syrup if needed.
- Any milk can be used for this recipe.
- Store in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- For different flavor options use the weetabix base from the recipe above and adjust the toppings to suit your chosen flavor.
- Flavor options include:
- Tropical: Use fruit such as mango, papaya and kiwi. Top with passionfruit mixed into coconut yogurt.
- Chocolate: Mix chocolate nutella into yogurt and top the weetabix base.
- Peanut butter and banana: Drizzle peanut butter into the yogurt layer, sweeten with maple syrup and top with a layer of sliced banana.
- Mixed berries: Add a layer of mixed berries.
- Cinnamon: Stir ¼ tsp through the greek yogurt and top the weetbaix base.
- Oreo cookie: Crush oreo cookies and mix through yogurt and finish with more crushed cookies.
- Vanilla protein: Add a scopp of vanilla protein powder the greek yogurt and spread in an even layer over the weetabix base. Top with your favorite berries.
- Coconut yogurt and almond milk can be used to make this vegan friendly.
- Nutrition information calculated using 1% milk, peanut butter and 2 Biscoff cookies.