Oreo Tart (No Bake Recipe!)This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my disclosure.
This Oreo tart has a rich chocolate filling, an Oreo cookie crust, and is topped with fresh raspberries! With only 4 ingredients, it’s a simple no-bake dessert that’s decadent and looks fancy, but only takes 10 minutes to prep!
Oreos will forever be America’s favorite sandwich cookie. They’re perfectly crisp and chocolatey with a cream filling that tastes like a sweet cloud. It’s no wonder they make it into every dessert and ice cream treat you can think of. They’re irresistibly good, just like this chocolate Oreo tart!
Latest Recipe Video!
It looks elegant and pristine, but it’s super quick and easy to make. I can make this no bake Oreo tart faster than I can check my email. It’s my go-to chocolate dessert when it’s crunch time but I want something that looks and tastes divine.
This Oreo chocolate tart disappears quickly, which is great since leftovers are dangerous! If you do have leftovers, don’t let any go to waste. Freeze it for the next time you crave something rich and chocolatey. I promise, it will become one of your favorite no bake desserts ever!
👩🍳 Why This Recipe Works
- Creamy dark chocolate filling
- Crumbly Oreo tart crust
- Only 10 minutes of prep time
- Perfect dessert for kids & adults alike
- Easy to make gluten-free
- Great for parties or celebrations
- Indulgent & rich
- Super easy recipe
This Oreo tart recipe requires only four simple ingredients (not including the toppings!)
- Oreo Cookies: Oreos make the crust in this Oreo tart recipe. Feel free to buy any chocolate sandwich cookie, but keep in mind the texture of the crust may change slightly. For a comfort food recipe, I like to use traditional Oreos. For a healthier, less processed, vegan friendly version, I like to use organic chocolate sandwich cookies.
- Butter: Butter binds the cookie crumbs, so the crust doesn’t need to be baked. It also adds a bit of shine to the dark chocolate ganache filling. You can also use vegan butter.
- Chocolate Chips: Use whatever type of chocolate you love the most. For a sweet and mild filling, use semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips. For an intense filling that’s also vegan friendly, use dark chocolate chips.
- Heavy Whipping Cream: Hot cream melts the chocolate into a luscious and smooth filling. It may seem too thin at first, but it will set up as it chills.
- Fresh Berries: Optional but recommended! Raspberries and chocolate are a match made in dessert heaven.
This no bake Oreo pie is easy to customize! Make it gluten free or vegan with just a few simple swaps.
- Gluten Free: Swap regular Oreos for gluten free Oreos. They taste just as good as the original. Be sure to buy gluten free chocolate chips too.
- Vegan: Oreo biscuits don’t contain any ingredients derived from animals, but there is a possibility of cross contamination, and the sugar used in oreos may be processed using bone char. Swap the Oreos for organic chocolate sandwich cookies for a less processed, vegan friendly alternative. Use coconut cream as a swap for heavy cream, and dark chocolate chips (that don’t contain milk solids) for a vegan alternative.
- Toppings: Fresh berries, mini Oreos, whipped cream, orange zest, peanut butter, chocolate shavings, mini chocolate chips, chopped nuts, white chocolate shavings, and sea salt make delicious toppings. A scoop of vanilla ice cream couldn’t hurt either!
🔪 How To Make An Oreo Tart
Pulse Oreos: Place the Oreo cookies into a high-speed blender or food processor and pulse until you get fine crumbs with no Oreo chunks.
Add Butter: In a large mixing bowl, mix the cookie crumbs with melted butter. It should feel like wet sand.
Make Oreo Crust: Pour the crust mixture into a 9-inch tart tin and use your hands to press the mixture evenly into the base of the tin and up the sides.
Refrigerate Base: Place the tart shell into the refrigerator so the crust can set.
Heat Cream: Place the chocolate chips into a mixing bowl. In a microwave-safe cup, heat the cream until very hot.
Melt Chocolate: Pour the hot cream and 1/2 tablespoon of melted butter over the chocolate chips and stir until smooth.
Make Oreo Pie: Pour the chocolate mixture into the base of the tart and spread out with the back of a spoon until it’s even. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, and as long as 4 days before serving.
Serve: Decorate the top of the tart with fresh berries and mini Oreos. Enjoy!
❓ Recipe FAQs
Place the tart on a standing object that’s smaller than the tart pan. Carefully slide the outer ring off the tart pan. Carefully move the tart to a flat surface and slide the tart off the bottom of the pan.
Store this no bake chocolate tart in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Cover it with plastic wrap or transfer it to an airtight container first. This is a great make-ahead recipe since it needs to sit in the fridge for at least a few hours (if not overnight) before serving, so you can easily make it a day or two ahead of time and just store it in the fridge until you’re ready to serve!
Yes! Place the tart slices onto a sheet pan and place the sheet pan in the freezer. Once the tart slices are frozen, transfer them to a freezer-safe container or plastic bag. For best results, use within three months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight.
This delicious tart is great as-is but looks elegant with toppings. You can top it with whipped cream, chocolate shavings, crushed Oreos, strawberry sauce, or fresh berries! I like to top it with fresh raspberries and mini Oreos. Serve it chilled or at room temperature.
💭 Expert Tips
- Use a tart pan with a removable bottom. This makes it easy to unmold this no bake Oreo chocolate tart.
- For a clean slice, use a serrated knife to cut the tart. For super clean slices, dip your serrated knife into hot water, let it warm up, then wipe off the excess water and slice the tart. Repeat for every slice.
- Chill the tart for at least 4 hours before cutting into it! Don’t skip this step. It’s essential to let the filling harden for clean slices and a creamy texture.
- If you want to change up the look, try a rectangular tart pan with a removable bottom. Or add different toppings for decoration!
🍫 More Chocolate Dessert Recipes!
- No Bake Chocolate Cheesecake
- Chocolate Ganache Tart
- Chocolate Doughnuts
- Healthy Chocolate Pudding Recipe
LOVE THIS RECIPE? Please leave a 5-star rating 🌟 in the recipe card below and/or a review in the comments section further down the page!
📋 Recipe Card
- 36 Oreo cookies
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 10 oz chocolate chips
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- ½ tbsp butter
- fresh berries
- baby Oreo cookies
- 9-inch round tart dish (preferably with a removable bottom)
- To make the base, place the large Oreo cookies into a high-speed blender and blend until fine crumbs.
- Remove and mix through the melted butter.
- Turn the base mixture into a 9 inch round flan dish and press to evenly cover the base and sides.
- Place the base into the fridge to set while preparing the filling.
- To prepare the filling by placing the chocolate chips into a mixing bowl.
- In a microwave-safe dish heat the cream until hot.
- Pour the cream and ½ tbsp melted butter over the chocolate chips and gently stir until smooth.
- Pour the filling into the prepared base and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight until completely set.
- Top the tart with fresh berries and baby Oreo cookies.
- You don’t need to remove the filling from the cookies before adding them to the blender — you can add the cookies in whole to crush them for making the base.
- Allow the tart to completely set before slicing into approximately 16 slices.
- Top with your favorite berries or whipped cream.
- To make this tart gluten-free, substitute the Oreo cookies for gluten-free cookies.
- To make this vegan-friendly, substitute the cookies for vegan chocolate sandwich cookies, the cream for coconut cream, the chocolate chips for vegan friendly alternatives, and butter for vegan butter.
- Tart can be kept in the fridge, covered, for up to 5 days.
- Ensure the melted butter is room temperature when stirring through the crushed cookies.
- For a richer, fudgy filling use dark chocolate chips, alternatively you can also use milk chocolate chips for a sweeter filling.