No Bake Chocolate Cheesecake (Easy Recipe!)This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my disclosure.
An easy and simple dessert with no oven required, this no-bake chocolate cheesecake has a graham cracker crust and a creamy light chocolate cheesecake filling. Great for satisfying your sweet tooth, kid-friendly and so delicious!
If you love chocolate, cheesecake, and easy desserts that don’t require baking, then this no-bake chocolate cheesecake is the treat for you!
It’s luscious and creamy with a mixture of cream cheese, frozen whipped topping, and melted chocolate. It all folds together to create a light as air chocolate filling.
Latest Recipe Video!
Coupled with a graham cracker crust this cheesecake reminds me of summer s’mores! Skip the prepared crust just this once, a homemade crust is worlds better than a store-bought one!
With this recipe, you can make one large, sliceable cheesecake or create no bake mini chocolate cheesecakes for a fun party dessert!
👩🍳 Why This Recipe Works
- Silky smooth cheesecake filling
- Perfect for chocolate lovers
- A buttery, graham cracker crust
- Makes 12 no bake mini cheesecake bites
- Perfect for special occasions
- Super easy prep
- No bake treats won’t heat up the kitchen
- Less than 300 calories per cheesecake!
- Curb that chocolate craving
- Best No-Bake Chocolate Cheesecake ever!
This no bake chocolate cheesecake recipe requires simple ingredients found at your local grocery store.
Graham Cracker Crumbs: If you can’t find crumbs, it’s easy to make your own. Just blitz whole graham crackers in a food processor until it turns into fine crumbs. Chocolate graham crackers or crushed cookies are fabulous too!
Unsalted Butter: You’ll need melted butter and unmelted butter for this recipe. Melted butter holds the crust together for these handheld treats. The softened but unmelted butter is for the filling. Once the cheesecakes are refrigerated, the melted butter will solidify.
Brown Sugar: For extra sweetness! White sugar works great too. For a keto chocolate cheesecake, replace with a 1:1 sugar substitute in the crust and filling.
Dark Chocolate Chunks: High-quality dark chocolate makes a decadent cheesecake filling! Be sure to break it into chunks before melting. For a milk chocolate cheesecake, use a good quality milk chocolate bar.
Chocolate Chips: I prefer dark chocolate chips but milk or semisweet chocolate chips taste great too!
Cream Cheese: It wouldn’t be cheesecake without beloved cream cheese! Full-fat cream cheese gives you that classic, creamy texture. If you’re looking to cut fat or calories, fat-free cream cheese can be used as well.
Sugar: To sweeten the filling! White sugar is the best option, because it doesn’t compete with the chocolate flavor in the filling.
Frozen Whipped Cream: Frozen whipped cream lightens up the otherwise dense filling. It’s critical for no bake desserts because it gives you that creamy filling without needing eggs or anything that requires baking. Cool whip or homemade whipped cream work too!
No bake cheesecake recipes are simple to customize! The base ingredients stay the same with just a few simple swaps. Here are all of the ways you can change up these no bake mini chocolate cheesecakes!
- No Bake Peanut Butter Cheesecake: Omit the melted chocolate and add 1/2 cup of creamy peanut butter to the cream cheese mixture.
- No Bake Baileys Cheesecake: Omit the melted chocolate and add 2 tablespoons of Bailey’s irish cream liquor. Taste and then add more to desired strength.
- No Bake White Chocolate Cheesecake: Replace the dark chocolate chunks with 3/4 cup of white chocolate chunks.
- No Bake Coffee Cheesecake: Mix 1 1/2 teaspoons of instant espresso into the melted chocolate.
- No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake: Add 1/2 cup of peanut butter to the cream cheese mixture.
- No Bake White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake: Replace the dark chocolate chunks with 3/4 cup of white chocolate chunks. Top with raspberry sauce and fresh raspberries.
- No Bake Peppermint Cheesecake: Omit the melted chocolate and add 1/4 tsp at a time of peppermint extract to the cheesecake filling. A little bit goes a long way, so start with less than add more if needed.
- No Bake Chocolate Orange Cheesecake: Add 1/2 teaspoon of orange extract to the cheesecake filling.
- No Bake Cookie Dough Cheesecake: Omit the melted chocolate, add 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, and add chunks of edible cookie dough to the filling.
- No Bake Toblerone Cheesecake: Chop up a Toblerone bar and stir into the filling.
- No Bake Oreo Cheesecake: Chop eight Oreo cookies and stir into the filling. Replace graham crackers with Oreos for a crunchy Oreo crust.
This easy no bake chocolate cheesecake is a breeze to make. There’s no water bath, leaky filling, or over-baking to fret over!
Line Muffin Tin: Place cupcake liners into a muffin tin and gently spray with nonstick cooking oil. This will prevent the cheesecakes from sticking to the liners. Make the Crust: Mix together the graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar, and melted butter.
Pack into Liners: Pack about 2 tablespoons of graham cracker cookie mixture into the bottom of each cupcake liner for a thick crust.
Melt Chocolate: I like to melt chocolate in the microwave because it’s easy with fewer dishes. The key to the microwave method is to not overheat it. Place the chopped chocolate into a microwave-safe bowl and melt in 15-second increments, stirring when necessary. A double boiler works great too!
Make the Filling: In a separate bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese, sugar, and softened butter on high speed. Slowly add the melted chocolate mixture to the cream cheese mixture and mix on medium speed. Once the chocolate is mixed in, fold the whipped topping into the cream cheese mixture.
Fill the Cheesecake Crusts: Scoop about 4 tablespoons of the rich chocolate cheesecake filling into each graham cracker crust. Spread into an even layer. Sprinkle the top of the cheesecake with chocolate chips!
Refrigerate: Refrigerate for 4 hours or until sturdy enough to hold and enjoy!
❓ Recipe FAQs
No-bake cheesecake is a similar but easier version of regular cheesecake but with no eggs. The flavor is milder than classic cheesecake because there’s less cream cheese and the texture is lighter thanks to the whipped cream. Since you don’t bake it, it’s a perfect dessert for warm weather or when you’re short on time (it’s basically a “set it and forget it” dessert!).
Yes! To make this into one large cheesecake instead of mini cheesecakes, follow the directions to make the graham cracker crust and the cheesecake filling. But instead of pressing the graham cracker crumbs into a muffin tin, press them into a springform pan lined with parchment paper. Press the crumbs into the bottom and halfway up the sides of the pan. Top with the filling and refrigerate for 6+ hours or until set.
Store them in an airtight container and store in the fridge for up to 5 days. Cheesecake is best served fresh, but it can be frozen. Once the mini cheesecakes have set, wrap each cheesecake in plastic wrap and then in foil. Place in the freezer for up to 2 months. To defrost, just thaw in the fridge overnight before serving.
If you’re making this recipe as one large cheesecake, my favorite pan to use is a Springform Pan. The great thing about a Springform pan is that it has two parts: a base, and a removable ring that is around the sides. If you use a Springform pan you can just remove the ring when your cheesecake is done making it easy to slice & serve.
💭 Expert Tips
- Use a high-quality dark chocolate bar instead of regular chocolate chips for this recipe – it’ll taste better and will have a deeper chocolate flavor
- To make this gluten-free, just use gluten-free graham crackers and grind them up in a food processor to make crumbs.
- While you’re making the filling, put the crust in the freezer. This will help the crust hold together better once you spread the filling.
- Instead of using frozen whipped cream, you can also beat heavy cream into stiff peaks and fold it in to the cheesecake filling gently.
- Feel free to add toppings to these mini chocolate cheesecake bites. Whipped cream, chocolate chips, or even fresh fruit make great toppings.
- If you don’t want to use graham crackers for the crust, you can use any cookie you like! Just grind it up in the food processor into cookie crumbs and use it as a 1:1 replacement for the graham crackers.
- Chill the cheesecakes for at least 4 hours, but longer is better! Overnight is great too! Cheesecake is best served chilled, not at room temperature.
🍮 More Sweet Recipes!
- Chocolate Walnut Brownies
- Salted Caramel Cheesecake No Bake Recipe
- Mini Cheesecake Bites
- Chocolate Mango Cake
- No Bake Peanut Butter Balls
- No Bake Oreo Tart
- Banana Pudding Lasagna
- Cheesecake Bites (Healthy + Easy + Delicious!)
LOVE THIS RECIPE? Please leave a 5-star rating 🌟 in the recipe card below and/or a review in the comments section further down the page!
📋 Recipe Card
🎥 Watch How to Make It
No-Bake Chocolate Cheesecake
For the Graham Cracker Crust
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tbsp packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
For the Chocolate Cheesecake Filling:
- 1 cup dark chocolate chunks Cut from a 75-88% dark chocolate bar
- 2 tbsp dark chocolate chips for topping
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup granulated sugar (use ½ cup if you want a sweeter cheesecake)
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 2 cups fat free frozen whipped cream, thawed
- Line a muffin tin with paper cupcake liners and spray gently with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar and melted butter.
- Pack the graham cracker mixture (about 1 – 1 ½ tbsp) at the bottom of each lined muffin section. This will create the base crust for your mini cheesecakes.
- Melt chocolate chunks using your favorite melting method (either by double broiler or by melting it in the microwave).
- In a large bowl, beat together cream cheese, sugar and softened butter.
- Slowly add melted chocolate to the cream cheese mixture.
- Next, fold the whipped cream into the mixture.
- Scoop the cheesecake filling (about 4 tbsp) into the lined muffin tin, right on top of the graham cracker topping. Top with chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours or until sturdy.
- Use a high quality dark chocolate bar instead of regular chocolate chips for this recipe – it’ll taste better and will have a deeper chocolate flavor
- To make this gluten free, just use gluten free graham crackers and grind them up in a food processor to make crumbs.
- While you’re making the filling, put the crust in the freezer. This will help the crust hold together even better while you’re spreading the filling.
- Instead of using frozen whipped cream you can also beat heavy cream into stiff peaks and fold it in to the cheesecake filling gently.
- If you don’t want to use graham crackers for the crust, you can use any cookie you like! Just grind it up in the food processor into crumbs and use it as a 1:1 replacement for the graham crackers.
- Chill the cheesecakes for at least 4 hours, but longer is better! Overnight is great too!