Learn to Eat Healthier With HowUDish!This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure.
Have you ever been at a restaurant, stared at the menu and had no idea what might be a healthy option to order? It can be so hard because some dishes that sound healthy (e.g. salads) might be secretly laden with unhealthy fats and unnecessary calories (if you can believe it, some “salads” are over 1000 calories per serving!)
That’s where HowUDish comes in! When the team at HowUDish reached out to me to tell me about their FREE app, I was super excited to hear what they’ve been up to. HowUdish is a mobile “dish discovery” app and social network that connects users to restaurants & dishes based on their own nutritional lifestyle. The team’s goal is to make sure that HowUdishers can eat out, have fun, and stay true to their healthy living lifestyle whether at home or on the go.
And not only that, you can also find meals that fit within your favorite athletes’ diets via the app! Their “Pro Dish Styles” athletes all follow specialized nutrition plans, so if you’re looking to avoid red meat, sugar, carbs or inflammatory foods, you can find an athlete to follow on the app that has a personalized meal plan that you can draw inspiration from.
Basically, this app allows you to:
- Find nearby restaurants with meals you love (that are still healthy!)
- Follow some of your favorite athletes to learn about the meals they eat to stay in shape
- Build a network of friends who share their favorite restaurants that match your nutritional lifestyle
- Chat with other Dishers to help you stay on track (sharing recipes, dish and restaurant reviews & healthy eating tips)
- Choose from low carb dish styles, low calorie, vegetarian meal plans, gluten free, vegan & more
Simply tell HowUdish what kind of meals you’re looking for and the app finds nearby restaurants with options for you. Even if you’re not going out, HowUdish lets you order food from nearby restaurants and source recipes for the dishes that interest you. I love that it’s a way to make healthy eating on-the-go that much easier for everyone!