Keto Pizza BowlThis post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my disclosure.
If you miss pizza night without all the carbs, this keto pizza bowl is for you! It’s cheesy, saucy, and packed with veggies, plus it’s ready in just 20 minutes!
When I saw Marco’s pizza bowls packed with cheese, sauce, and toppings, I knew I had to make my own no crust pizza bowl. It’s a great low-carb option that’s simple, easy to customize, and is BIG on flavor.
This easy crustless pizza bowl recipe is essentially all of the delicious elements of pizza layered in a bowl, minus the crust. In this version, I packed in plenty of veggies for a nutrient boost, but feel free to swap in your favorite toppings!
Latest Recipe Video!
My kids devour this delicious Italian recipe. When I want an easy dinner with no complaints, this is my go-to meal. It’s also great if you ordered pizza for your kids, but can’t have excess carbs yourself. Whip up this keto pizza in a bowl so you don’t have to miss out!
👩🍳 Why This Recipe Works
- Curb that pizza craving guilt-free
- Perfect for the whole family
- No need to make your own pizza dough
- Easy keto dinner recipe
- Way healthier than fast food, but tastes just as good as a regular pizza!
- Vegetarian & gluten-free
- Easy meal packed with veggies
- Only 4 grams of net carbs
- Great for a low-carb diet
- Best keto friendly pizza bowl ever!
This pizza bowl, keto style is made with simple ingredients found at your local grocery store. Find the full list of ingredients and nutritional information at the bottom of this post.
Oil: To sauté the veggies! I used heart healthy olive oil, but any neutral oil works great.
Veggies: Red pepper, onion, and mushrooms are a delicious trifecta. Feel free to add or omit whatever veggies you like! If it tastes good on pizza, it’ll taste good in a breadless pizza in a bowl.
Italian Seasoning: Oregano, basil, rosemary, and thyme are the italian herbs in Italian seasoning. They make the bowls taste just like a pizza! Garlic powder and onion powder taste delicious too.
Salt & Pepper: Don’t forget to season. Salt takes a dish from flat to flavorful!
Baby Spinach: I love to add spinach because it’s low in carbs but nutrient dense. It’s packed with Vitamins A, C, and K.
Kalamata Olives: For a salty bite. If you don’t like olives, feel free to leave them out.
Marinara Sauce: Tomato sauce is essential for any good pizza! Look for a marinara sauce with no added sugar to avoid excess carbs.
Mozzarella Cheese: There’s no such thing as too much gooey cheese.
Customize this keto pizza bowl recipe any way you like! Here are a few ideas to get you started. If you’re on the keto diet, stick to low-carb veggies and protein.
- Veggies: Feel free to use your favorite pizza toppings! Green bell pepper, black olives, spinach, mushrooms, onions, pineapple, artichoke hearts, green peppers, and tomatoes all taste great in this recipe.
- Cheese: Change things up and add cheddar cheese, parmesan cheese, goat cheese, or feta!
- Protein: Ground beef, Italian sausage meat, pepperoni slices, shredded chicken, Canadian bacon, ham, and tofu are great options. Vegan ground meat works great too!
- Cauliflower Pizza In A Bowl: Use cauliflower rice as the base for all the toppings!
- Best Hawaiian Flavors: Layer the sauce and cheese with Canadian bacon and pineapple.
🔪 How To Make A Keto Pizza Bowl
Preheat Oven & Sauté Veggies: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Heat oil in a cast-iron skillet and sauté the peppers, onions, and mushrooms until soft. Add the Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
Layer Ingredients: Place four ramekins on a baking sheet. Layer the ingredients inside the ramekins. Start with a tablespoon of pizza sauce, then top with cooked veggies (mushroom + pepper mixture), spinach, and olives.
Add more marinara sauce, then top with plenty of cheese!
Cook Vegetarian Pizza Bowl: Place the baking sheet in the oven and cook for 5 to 10 minutes, until the cheese melts and starts to brown.
❓ Recipe FAQs
Yes, pizza bowls still have carbs, but substantially less than a traditional pizza. My healthy pizza bowls have only 4 grams of net carbs! It just depends what ingredients you use. To keep the carb count low, choose low-carb veggies, no bread or flour, and keto-friendly marinara sauce with no added sugar.
Each zero crust pizza in a bowl has 6 grams of total carbs with only 4 grams of net carbs! They’re also packed with nutrient-rich veggies and 8 grams of protein.
It’s really easy to make these low carb bowls in the oven! First sauté your veggies in a skillet with a little bit of olive oil, then layer your bowls. Layer marinara with veggies and meat if using, then top with shredded mozzarella and bake until the cheese is melty.
Store uncooked, prepared bowls in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Once ready to eat, bake and enjoy!
💭 Expert Tips
- Make this easy recipe into a pizza casserole! Double the recipe and layer the ingredients in a casserole dish instead of ramekins. Bake until hot and the cheese is melty. For a large family, you could even triple it.
- For best results, use high-quality ingredients like fresh veggies and freshly grated cheese.
- Keep marinara and shredded cheese on hand and use up leftover produce or meat to make these bowls.
🍕 More Delicious Pizza Recipes!
Low carb pizza recipes shouldn’t be boring. Try my Zucchini Pizza Boats for another great low carb option! Zucchini is a great alternative to a keto pizza crust. If you don’t need to keep it low carb, here are other pizza recipes to try:
- Rustic Pizza Recipe With Garlic And Mushrooms
- Goat Cheese Pizza Recipe With Caramelized Onions
- Low Calorie Pizza Base
- Easy Pita Pizza Recipe (With 8 Variations)
📋 Recipe Card
Keto Pizza Bowl
- 1 tbsp Oil
- ½ Red Pepper, Diced
- ½ Red Onion, Sliced
- 6 Button Mushrooms, Sliced
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- ⅛ tsp Salt
- ⅛ tsp Pepper
- ¼ cup Baby Spinach Leaves
- ¼ cup Kalamata Olives
- ½ cup Marinara Sauce
- 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F / 180 C.
- Heat oil in a skillet and sauté the peppers, onion, and mushrooms until soft.
- Add the Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Place 4 ramekin dishes on a baking tray.
- Layer the ingredients into the dishes.
- Starting with a tbsp of marinara sauce then a layer of cooked vegetables, baby spinach, and olives.
- Add another tbsp of marinara sauce and top with cheese.
- Cook in the oven for 5-10 minutes or until the cheese starts to melt and brown.
- Add any favorite pizza toppings that you like.
- Pizza bowls can be made ahead of time and cooked when needed.
- Store uncooked prepared pizza bowls covered in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- The recipe can easily be doubled if needed.