Chickpea, Tomato, and Feta SaladThis post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure.
We’ve been doing a lot of picnic-ing these days. The weather has been absolutely perfect for it: warm, sunny, with a light breeze but not too hot or humid! It also helps that the parks around our neighborhood have tons of nice shady picnic spots, and eating outside with kids means less mess to clean up!
And of course, since I’m obsessed with salads this summer, what else would I make for a picnic other than… a salad? 🙂
This recipe is super simple. It’s full of fresh veggies, summer tomatoes, chickpeas, feta and spices. No cooking required: just chop your veggies, toss and serve. It’s even better a few hours later once the salad has had a chance to marinate in the dressing a bit!
You can use this salad in so many different ways: serve it over mixed greens for lunch, stir in a cup of cooked quinoa for a more hearty dish, or use it as a filling for a pita or a wrap (which is also a great way to use up the leftovers).
It’s kid friendly, vegetarian, gluten-free, and is the perfect dish for a picnic, potluck or just a quick weeknight dinner!
Chickpea, Tomato, and Feta Salad
For the Salad
- 10.5 oz container red cherry tomatoes quartered
- 10.5 oz container yellow cherry tomatoes quartered
- 15 oz can chickpeas drained, rinsed
- 1 ½ English cucumbers peeled, halved lengthwise, sliced
- 1 Hass avocado peeled, cored, diced (ripe but semi-firm)
- 3 ounces feta cheese crumbled
- Toss all of the salad ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Whisk the dressing ingredients together.
- Add the dressing to the salad and toss until combined.