Keto Coffee CakeThis post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my disclosure.
This keto coffee cake is a sweet and satisfying low-carb snack cake. It features a moist and fluffy vanilla cake with a brown sugar streusel topping drizzled in a quick glaze. Healthy & sugar free, but totally decadent & delicious!
As an avid baker and cake lover, my standards for all things cake is extremely high. I didn’t want to create just any keto cinnamon coffee cake recipe, but one that would rival the real deal. This easy keto coffee cake recipe hit the nail on the head.
Latest Recipe Video!
This cinnamon breakfast cake is moist and “buttery” without being too dense, thanks to the coconut & almond flour combo. The brown sugar streusel is perfectly sweet and cinnamon spiced. It’s all your keto dreams come true in one slice of low-carb coffee cake.
The best part? This almond flour low carb cake has only 229 calories and 1 gram of sugar per slice, which is half the calories and almost 100% less sugar than most other breakfast cakes!
Enjoy this keto crumb cake with your morning coffee, as an afternoon sweet treat, or a decadent snack! Share the leftovers with your kids, or freeze them for busy mornings.
👩🍳 Why This Recipe Works
- Fits the keto diet
- Only 6 grams of net carbs per slice
- Cinnamon crumb topping
- Perfect with a hot cup of coffee
- Better than classic coffee cake
- Entire family loves it
- Naturally gluten-free coffee cake
- Best keto coffee cake recipe ever!
This keto breakfast cake requires simple ingredients found at your local grocery store.
- Almond Flour: Wheat flour isn’t low-carb or keto, but almond flour is, which is why it’s perfect for this keto cinnamon cake! Almond flour has a nutty taste and nice texture when paired with another alternative flour. For best results, use finely sifted, blanched almond flour. Almond meal is coarse in comparison and results in a gritty texture.
- Coconut Flour: Coconut flour absorbs liquid quickly and efficiently, while almond flour doesn’t. This means the coconut flour helps absorb the liquid, while the almond flour provides a nutty taste and crumbly feel. The combination of almond flour with coconut flour gives you that perfect coffee cake texture!
- Erythritol: I prefer erythritol based sugar alternatives, but any 1:1 sweetener should work. Lakanto monkfruit is one of my favorite options.
- Baking Powder: Baking powder is a combination of baking soda and an acid like cream of tartar. The two create air bubbles that cause the batter to rise. Without it, this healthy coffee cake would be dense and gummy.
- Salt, Vanilla, Cinnamon: Sweet vanilla and salt enhances sweetness in baked goods. Cinnamon is essential to the cinnamon crumble topping!
- Eggs: Whole eggs are keto-friendly and essential for this almond flour coffee cake recipe. They provide structure and a tender crumb.
- Oil & Heavy Cream: Oil & cream keeps this sweet cake nice and moist. Any neutral oil, like vegetable or canola oil, work great. Coconut oil can be used as well. The heavy cream is also used to hydrate & transform the powdered sweetener into a glaze. Unsweetened almond milk works too.
- Brown Sugar Substitute & Unsalted Butter: Keto brown sugar mimics the taste of real brown sugar in the cinnamon filling. Brown swerve or Lakanto brown monk fruit sweetener are both great options. When combined with the butter, you get that buttery crumb texture!
- Powdered Sweetener: Keto powdered sugar creates a powdered sugar glaze for the top of this sugar-free coffee cake recipe.
This delicious coffee cake without carbs is easy to customize! Try one of these droolworthy variations.
- Keto Blueberry Coffee Cake: Stir 1/2 cup of fresh blueberries into the keto cake batter. Follow the recipe as directed. Avoid frozen blueberries as they release too much liquid while they cook.
- Keto Coffee And Walnut Cake: Press chopped walnuts into the keto crumb topping before you bake.
- Keto Coffee Cake With Cream Cheese: Add two tablespoons of softened cream cheese to the glaze. If necessary, add an extra tablespoon of heavy cream to thin it out. Drizzle generously onto the this almond flour breakfast cake.
- Keto Pumpkin Coffee Cake: Add 1/2 cup of canned pumpkin and 1 1/2 teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice to the breakfast cake batter.
- Dairy Free Coffee Cake: Swap the butter in the keto streusel topping with dairy-free butter and use a dairy free heavy cream.
Here’s step-by-step instructions to make this moist keto coffee cake with almond flour! There’s no need for an electric mixer on this one.
Preheat Oven, Combine Dry Ingredients: Preheat your oven to 340 degrees Fahrenheit. Line an 8 by 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper and set aside. This ensures this almond flour cinnamon cake won’t stick to the bottom of the pan. In a large bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut flour, erythritol, baking powder, and salt.
Combine Wet Ingredients: In a separate bowl, combine the eggs, vanilla extract, oil, and heavy cream.
Mix Batter: Pour the wet ingredients into the flour mixture and stir until a smooth batter forms.
Make Streusel: In a separate bowl, mix together the streusel ingredients and use your fingers to combine them until they form a crumble mixture.
Fill Cake Tin: Pour half of the coffee cake batter into the prepared pan.
Top With Streusel: Evenly sprinkle half the topping mixture over the top of the batter.
Finish: Top with the remaining almond flour crumb cake batter, then sprinkle the remaining streusel.
Bake Coconut Flour Coffee Cake With Crumb Topping: Transfer the baking dish to the preheated oven. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick poked in the center of the moist cake comes out clean. Let the streusel coffee cake cool before cutting into 16 pieces.
❓ Recipe FAQs
Traditional coffee cake recipes are made with wheat-based flours that are high in carbohydrates. Keto cakes are made with alternative flours that are low in carbs like almond flour, coconut flour, and sometimes oat fiber (not to be confused with oat flour). Almond flour is a popular keto flour because it has a nutty flavor and overall nice texture.
Yes! Keto desserts (including this almond flour keto cake) are typically healthier than regular desserts for a few reasons:
1) They are very low in sugar
2) They use gluten free flours, ensuring that your blood sugar stays stable after eating it
3) They are low carb
However, some keto cakes will still be high in fat or high in calories, making them something you should enjoy in moderation, just as you would any dessert. You can just enjoy a bigger piece of keto cake compared to regular cake relatively guilt free!
This low carb coffee cake recipe has 7 grams of carbs, and only 4 grams of net carbs! It also has only 1 gram of sugar, making it a diabetic cinnamon coffee cake recipe as well.
The exact amount of carbs a person should have on a keto diet varies. However, typically the ketogenic diet consists of a diet with less than 50 grams of carbs per day, and sometimes as low as 20 grams.
Let it come to room temperature first, then store this healthy coffee cake in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
You can also freeze this keto cinnamon cake to lengthen its shelf life. Wrap individual slices in plastic wrap, then freeze slices in a freezer-safe container or plastic bag for up to 3 months. Defrost in the fridge overnight, then warm in the oven until heated through.
💭 Expert Tips
- Let this low sugar coffee cake cool completely in the cake pan. It will set up as it cools.
- Any sugar substitute can be used in this keto dessert recipe however check the conversion ratios on the packaging as some sweeteners may need to use less.
- To make sure the crumbs don’t brown too quickly, bake this healthy cinnamon coffee cake on the second rack from the bottom (so either 1 or two racks below the top, depending on how big your oven is).
- For best results, use a keto sweetener you’ve tried and liked. Different brands vary in taste.
🍰 More Keto Desserts & Recipes!
Low carb dessert recipes & more!
- Almond Flour Tortillas Recipe (Low-Carb, Keto)
- Keto Apple Pie (Low Carb Apple Pie)
- Keto Pizza Bowl
- Avocado Peanut Butter Smoothie (Vegan, Keto)
- Keto Creamed Spinach Recipe
- Keto Carrot Cake
Or check out my ebook filled with 35 Easy Vegetarian Keto Recipes!
LOVE THIS RECIPE? Please leave a 5-star rating 🌟 in the recipe card below and/or a review in the comments section further down the page!
You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM, and PINTEREST to see more delicious, healthy, family-friendly food, and if you have any questions, I’m here to help!
📋 Recipe Card
🎥 Watch How to Make It
Keto Coffee Cake
For The Cake
- 2 cups almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ½ cup erythritol
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 3 eggs room temperature
- 1½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup oil
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 tbsp ground cinnamon
- ½ cup brown sugar substitute
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 cup powdered sweetener keto friendly
- 1½ tbsp heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F / 160 C. Line an 8 inch x 8 inch square cake tin with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl whisk together the almond and coconut flours, erythritol, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the eggs, vanilla extract, oil and heavy cream.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and fold through.
- In a separate bowl mix together all streusel topping ingredients and rub together with fingers.
- Pour half of the cake batter into the prepared cake tin.
- Sprinkle half of the streusel topping over the batter and top with the remaining cake batter.
- Finish off with the remaining streusel topping.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until an inserted skewer comes out clean.
- Allow the coffee cake to cool completely in the tin before removing and cutting into 16 pieces.
- Allow to cake to cool completely in the tin, it will become firm when cool.
- Option toppings: Sprinkle with either powdered sugar or a drizzle of glaze. To make the glaze mix the powdered sugar and heavy cream together, adjusting consistency as needed and drizzle over cake.
- Cake can be stored in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- Any sugar substitute can be used in this recipe however check the conversion ratios on the packaging as some sweeteners may need to use less.
Can’t believe it’s keto! So thankful I can have some with my coffee for a treat now!
I know right?? It’s so delicious but totally guilt free! Enjoy!
Such a beautiful and healthy coffee cake! Love how rich and inviting it looks!
Thank you so much Jovita! You will love it!
Any kind of coffee dessert is good with me. This looks delicious.
Thanks so much Dannii! You will love it!
I’ve tried a handful keto cake recipes over this year, and this is by far the best one. Head and shoulders above the rest in texture and flavour too!
Thank you so much Ieva!! So glad you liked it! 🙂
I’m printing this off right now. I’m new to a gluten free/dairy free lifestyle and enjoy finding some of my fav recipes that I can still enjoy! Plant based butter and cream will work great for this recipe too!
Oh awesome!! Yes this is super easy to make dairy free – I hope you love it when you try it!
These were so scrumptious and I am glad I stumbled upon your recipe. The streusel topping is what made these so good.
Aw yay!! I’m so glad you liked this recipe Ryan!