Oatmilk Honey LatteThis post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my disclosure.
Sipping on this warm, comforting oatmilk honey latte is the very best way to start your day! This is the perfect drink to pair with a healthy breakfast or a tasty pastry. With just 4 simple ingredients and minimal effort, you’ll have this cozy drink is ready in under 10 minutes!
This honey cafe latte is the perfect budget-friendly drink to enjoy whenever you need a boost of caffeine! While it is lovely for the morning, this honey bee latte is equally desirable as an afternoon pick-me-up.
With a recipe this easy, there really is no need to spend the extra money paying for coffee every day. It tastes like it was made from a professional barista, but is more cost-effective and healthier, too! It really is a game changer!
The real fun starts with the frothy milk, adding extra indulgence and creaminess to the latte. A simple hand frother will do the job, but you can also use an electric frother, immersion blender, or regular blender. Within minutes you will have the most tasty drink!
Add a pinch of cinnamon and then sit back, relax, and sip on this delicately sweet honey oat latte. Fair warning, this will become your new favorite coffee drink after your first sip!
👩🏽🍳 Why You’ll Love This Honey Latte
- Easy To Make: This honey cinnamon latte comes together in just a few minutes, with simple steps!
- Creamy & Delicious: A frothy honey latte recipe like this is absolutely irresistible! That lovely honey flavor paired with the strong espresso is perfect. Plus, any coffee drink that is topped with milk froth magically tastes even more delicious.
- Saves Money: You can easily master this simple honey latte recipe at home, saving money on coffee shop drinks.
- Customizable: Add your own special touch to this honey oat latte and modify it with your favorite flavors! Get inspiration in our variations section below.
Latest Recipe Video!
This Starbucks honey latte copycat recipe only calls for a few simple ingredients that you likely already have on hand. Check out the recipe card at the bottom of this post for nutritional information.
- Oat Milk: Unsweetened oat milk is a popular choice for lattes, and this honey oatmilk latte welcomes the slight sweetness and creamy texture that this milk provides!
- Vanilla Extract: Pure vanilla extract pairs so well with the creamy oatmilk and soothing honey.
- Espresso: A shot of espresso coffee is the perfect boost of caffeine for this oatmilk coffee!
- Honey: Honey is the star ingredient in this oatmilk coffee recipe, with its comforting hint of sweetness. A little honey is the perfect way to give extra charm and flavor.
- Ground Cinnamon: A little bit of cinnamon dashed on top completes this delicious honey latte with oat milk. Plus, the addition of cinnamon provides some great health benefits thanks to its blood sugar balancing capabilities and anti-inflammatory properties.
🍲 Ingredient Substitutions
- Milk: Any milk of choice can work in this recipe! Feel free to use dairy milk like regular whole milk or dairy-free milk like unsweetened almond milk or soy milk.
- Vanilla: You can use vanilla flavored nut milk or try out almond extract for a new flavor profile.
- Espresso: Feel free to use decaf if you need to! Also, if you don’t have an espresso machine, you could also use regular strong coffee with your coffee maker or a small batch of coffee from the french press.
🔪 How To Make A Honey Latte
With very minimal effort, this oatmilk honey latte recipe can be mastered by even a first time at-home barista! Here is how to make this delicious drink:
Simmer Milk, Prepare Espresso: In this first step, heat milk and vanilla extract over a medium heat until it just begins to simmer. Meanwhile, prepare the espresso shot.
Add Honey To Coffee: Next, add the honey to the hot coffee and stir until melted.
Froth Milk: Remove the heated milk and froth milk using a milk frother.
Assemble Latte: Pour the warm milk into the espresso, top with milk froth and sprinkle with cinnamon if using. For best results, serve and enjoy immediately.
💭 Expert Tips
- Frothing Options: If you don’t have a milk frother you can froth the milk using an immersion blender or handheld whisk. Alternatively, you could pour the hot milk into a blender and blend until froth has formed.
- Allergy Benefits: If you experience seasonal allergies, use a local honey which can be a great way to provide some allergy relief! An added win to this tasty coffee drink!
- Adjust Sweetness: If you love sweet drinks, you can add an extra tablespoon of honey. Alternatively, if you prefer to avoid too much honey in your oatmilk lattes, you can opt for only a small drizzle of honey.
- For 2 Drinks: If you want to make two of these honey cinnamon oat milk lattes, simply double the recipe and prepare two espresso shots.
- Pumpkin Spice Honey Latte: Transform this honey latte into a pumpkin version adding a spoonful of pumpkin puree into the milk mixture. Sprinkle pumpkin pie spice seasoning on top of the frothed milk! You can also swap the espresso for a fall blend coffee.
- Iced Honey Oatmilk Latte: For more of a cold brew feel, make your espresso in the espresso maker and add 1 shot of espresso with 1 cup of cold milk in a glass with a handful of ice cubes. Stir in your honey and vanilla extract!
- Honey Cappuccino: Use half the amount of regular oat milk and double the amount of frothed milk to turn this hot oatmilk drink into a delicious cappuccino.
- Double Shot: Make this honey vanilla latte stronger with 2 shots of espresso!
- More Flavors: Play around with the flavor of the coffee, trying this recipe with seasonal blends!
🍽 Serving Suggestions
I love to garnish this honeycomb latte with cinnamon sticks and a swirl of honey on top. It is absolutely perfect on its own for your morning beverage, but you can also pair it with some classic breakfast options. There are so many easy ways to cultivate the best morning experience ever! Here are a few of my favorite things to pair with this drink:
- Healthy Apple Carrot Muffins
- Gluten Free Banana Muffins
- Healthy Cinnamon Rolls
- Vegan Protein Waffles
- Baked Oats Without Banana
🙌 Dietary Adaptations
This honey cinnamon oat milk latte is gluten-free, dairy-free, and refined sugar free! Since it is sweetened with honey, it is not vegan but you can make an equally delicious maple latte with pure maple syrup or just a simple syrup instead of the honey for a vegan friendly option. You can also make this homemade vegan honey for your latte!
To Store In The Fridge: While it is best to enjoy this oatmilk latte recipe right away when it is hot and fresh, you can store leftovers in a mason jar in the fridge for 1 day. I don’t recommend trying to freeze this drink.
To Reheat: You could enjoy this drink chilled the next day (or later in the day) or pour into a small saucepan and reheat on the stove top over medium-low heat.
Honey is a delicious way to sweeten your latte or other coffee drinks! Just as you’d add honey to tea, it makes the best addition to a warm latte. Honey varies in taste, depending on the location of the source. It can have a subtly floral, nutty, earthy, or fruity flavor – usually a mix of these notes. In any of its variations, it will complement the coffee in the best way!
Yes! This honey oatmilk latte recipe is made with clean ingredients, and uses real honey instead of refined, highly-processed sugar syrups. For the healthiest latte, it is great to buy organic where you can and use a local raw honey! Check the ingredients on your oat milk, as you want it to ideally have just water and oats (but vanilla extract or sea salt is fine, too!).
They do! The honey oatmilk latte from Starbucks is made with a honey blend and double shot of espresso, although it can be modified to your preference. Their honey syrup includes honey, water, natural flavors, potassium sorbate, xanthan gum, and citric acid. While very delicious, it does have some ingredients that you might prefer to avoid. In that case, I suggest you make a latte at home instead!
☕ More Homemade Latte Recipes!
- Ube Latte
- Blue Butterfly Pea Latte
- Lavender Latte
- Mocha Latte
- Biscoff Latte
- Beetroot Latte
- Golden Latte Recipe
Love this plant based breakfast recipe? Please leave a 5-star rating 🌟 in the recipe below and/or a review in the comments section further down the page!
📋 Recipe Card
🎥 Watch How to Make It
Oatmilk Honey Latte
- Heat the milk and vanilla extract over a medium heat until it just begins to simmer.
- Meanwhile prepare the espresso shot.
- Add the honey to the hot coffee and stir until melted.
- Remove the heated milk and froth using a milk frother.
- Pour the milk into the espresso, top with milk froth and sprinkle with cinnamon if using.
- Serve and enjoy immediately.
- Any plant based milk will work with this recipe.
- Adjust sweetness to suit your tastes.
- If you don’t have a milk frother you can froth the milk using an immersion blender or you could pour the hot milk into a blender and blend until froth has formed.
- To make this vegan friendly, simply swap the honey for maple syrup.
- Ground cinnamon is optional.
- Best served immediately while still hot.
- Nutrition information calculated using 1/2 tbsp honey.