Creamed Cottage CheeseThis post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my disclosure.
This simple recipe for creamed cottage cheese is going to become your new favorite way to enjoy cottage cheese! It’s super smooth and satisfying, and makes the perfect high protein snack or meal with a delicious honey taste. The best part? This 2-ingredient creamy cottage cheese recipe takes only 5 minutes to make!
Easy creamed cottage cheese with honey has recently become a viral trending recipe on social media, and it is easy to see why! Cottage cheese is totally transformed in this recipe which takes away that bumpy, chewy, curd-like texture and turns it into the creamiest, tasty treat!
Usually when people tell me they don’t like cottage cheese, it’s more of a texture issue than a taste issue. That’s why this recipe is one of the best ways to enjoy this curd-like cheese! Thanks to a blender or food processor, you will end up with a cream cheese or Greek yogurt like texture for your cottage cheese, making it the perfect base for breakfast bowls or savory bowls for lunch or a healthy snack.
So even if you’re not a huge fan of cottage cheese, you have to try this recipe! Trying it out in a different way will really open up your mind to all the possibilities.
This recipe is a great way to enjoy this super versatile ingredient that can be used to make a delicious dip, savory spread, or even ice cream. Yep! You read that right – this recipe can be turned into a cottage cheese whipped dessert too!
✔️ What Is Creamed Cottage Cheese?
Creamed cottage cheese gained popularity thanks to TikTok, and has gone viral for its versatility, because there are endless cottage cheese recipes that use this as a creamy base! You have likely seen it used for cottage cheese pancakes, cottage cheese toast, and as a cottage cheese breakfast bowl. It can even be made into a high-protein dessert! This viral recipe really is the real deal!
👩🏽🍳 Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Low In Calories: Cream style cottage cheese is a great option for anyone on a weight loss journey. One half cup serving of low-fat cottage cheese has 80 calories and a full-fat cottage cheese has 110 calories. Check your cottage cheese container for additional information.
- Creamy Texture: This whipped cottage cheese has the best texture ever! You will love this TikTok recipe!
- Versatile: The options are endless with this cottage cheese cream! You can utilize it for so many different recipes and try it out with various flavor combinations.
- High In Protein: One half cup of cottage cheese has 14 grams of protein, making this blended cottage cheese recipe a great source of protein.
Latest Recipe Video!
This whipped cottage cheese recipe only requires 2 simple ingredients that you’ll be able to easily find at the grocery store. From there you can add your favorite toppings and play around with different variations! Find nutritional information on the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- Cottage Cheese: Regular cottage cheese is required for this recipe! You can use whatever variation you’d like whether that be whole milk cottage cheese or a low milk fat option.
- Honey: This healthy creamed cottage cheese recipe doesn’t need any added sugar. You’ll use honey for the perfect sweetness to balance out the tangy flavor. Use as much or as little as you like!
🍲 Ingredient Substitutions
- Cottage Cheese Alternatives: While this recipe is obviously best with traditional cottage cheese, you can use alternatives if you plan to use this as a dip or spread. Sour cream, Greek yogurt, or plain cream cheese are yummy options!
- Sugar: If you prefer, swap the honey in this sweet cottage cheese recipe for maple syrup, agave, or coconut sugar.
🔪 How To Make Creamed Cottage Cheese
This is the easiest recipe ever! Here is how to cream cottage cheese:
Add Ingredients: Place 2 cups of cottage cheese and honey into the bowl of a food processor.
Blend: Blend for 1 minute on high. Scrape down the sides and repeat until the mixture is fluffy with a smooth texture.
Serve: Serve the smooth cottage cheese mixture topped with your favorite toppings such as fresh fruit, a drizzle of honey or granola.
💭 Expert Tips
- If you do not have a food processor, you can blend up this creamy cottage cheese with a high-speed blender or immersion blender.
- Use Real Honey: Many brands of honey are not authentic. For the healthiest recipe, be sure to use real, raw honey.
- Serve Immediately: While you can store this in the fridge for a couple of days, it’ll have the best texture right after it’s been blended – so I recommend serving this immediately when you can!
- S’mores Flavor: Turn this into a blended cottage cheese dessert by mixing in some chocolate chips and mini marshmallows. Add some crushed graham crackers on top or use them for dipping!
- Cottage Cheese Ice Cream: That’s right! If you are having an ice cream craving but want something healthier, transform this recipe into a whipped cottage cheese dessert. Homemade ice cream has never been easier! All you need to do is throw the blended cottage cheese into the freezer for 4 hours or more. No ice cream maker is necessary! I personally love mixing in some peanut butter and chocolate chips or adding in vanilla extract. P.S. it has an even creamier texture than traditional ice cream!
- Cheesecake Using Cottage Cheese: You can make mini “cheesecakes” using this as the filling! Just blend up some graham cracker crumbs with a little bit of cold butter, add the crumbs to the bottom of a mason jar, top with the creamy cottage cheese, add another layer of graham cracker crumbs and top with fresh fruit!
- Cottage Cheese Alfredo Sauce: Make a delicious sauce for your pasta by adding in some skim milk, parmesan cheese, corn starch, garlic powder, and black pepper to this recipe. Heat over the stove top to warm.
- Creamy Dressing: Blended cottage cheese is perfect for a light cream dressing to use on salads. You can adjust the thickness by adding milk and playing around with herbs and seasonings. I like adding in lemon juice, garlic, and dill!
🍽 Serving Suggestions
This recipe can be served on its own with a few of your favorite toppings, or transformed into a more filling snack or meal! Here are some of our favorite ways to serve this recipe:
- With Fruit & Granola: Enjoy this creamed cottage cheese with fruit such as fresh strawberries or blueberries, and some or this low calorie granola. You can even use this as a dip for fruit – it tastes great with apples or pears!
- As A Spread: You can spread this on toast or use it as a dip. One of my favorite ways to enjoy it is on top of avocado toast with honey! The addition of cream makes each bite so dreamy and delicious.
- In A Sweet Or Savory Bowl: Pile up this blended base with any of your favorite sweet or savory toppings for a breakfast or lunch bowl! It tastes great with fruit, but could also be a base for roasted veggies, proteins or other savory items.
🙌 Dietary Adaptations
This blended cottage cheese recipe is naturally gluten-free, refined sugar free, low carb, and vegetarian. If you are lactose intolerant, Good Culture has a lactose free cottage cheese that can be used for this recipe.
This easy recipe does not require any special storage directions but I would recommend keeping it refrigerated versus freezer unless intending to make ice cream. Here is how to store and keep this recipe:
Store In The Fridge: Store leftover cream style cottage cheese in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
The main differences between cottage cheese and blended cottage cheese is the texture and taste. Cottage cheese is lumpy with small curds of cheese, while cottage cheese cream cheese is smooth, thick, and creamy. If you do not like the taste of cottage cheese, you might still like blended cottage cheese as the texture is totally different and you can sweeten it up too!
Yes! This low carb creamed cottage cheese makes for a healthy, high-protein breakfast, snack, or dessert option. You can use low fat or full fat cottage cheese, depending on what nutritional values you are looking for. Each serving contains 14 g protein and 3-5 g net carbs.
Cottage cheese is a fresh cheese so it has a much milder taste than other cheeses. It has a slightly tangy taste, being compared to a plain cream cheese or sour cream. When you whip the cottage cheese with honey, it has a sweet creamy flavor and can be enjoyed in many ways.
While similar, creamy cottage cheese is not the same as ricotta cheese or cream cheese. All 3 of these cheeses are soft mild cheeses, but they’re very different in preparation and texture.
Ricotta cheese is made from very small cheese curds, which gives it a grainier texture than blended cottage cheese. Cream cheese is usually much thicker than creamy cottage cheese.
While all of them can be used for sweet or savory recipes, I think cream cheese from cottage cheese is even more versatile! You can make so many great alternatives with it. I’d argue that frozen cottage cheese cream is even better than regular ice cream!
🥣 More Easy Snack Recipes!
- Pumpkin Seed Butter
- Tofu Cream Cheese
- Butter Bean Hummus
- Peanut Butter Yogurt Bowl
- White Chocolate Hazelnut Spread
- Vegan Vanilla Pudding
- Chocolate Banana Ice Cream
- Tofu Ice Cream
Love this healthy plant based snack recipe? Please leave a 5-star rating 🌟 in the recipe below and/or a review in the comments section further down the page!
📋 Recipe Card
🎥 Watch How to Make It
Creamed Cottage Cheese
- fresh berries
- Place the cottage cheese and honey into the bowl of a food processor.
- Blend for 1 minute on high, scrape down the sides and repeat until smooth and fluffy.
- Serve topped with your favorite toppings such as fresh berries, a drizzle of honey or granola.
- Creamed cottage cheese can be served with your favorite fresh berries, granola or even spread on toast.
- This recipe can also be used as a dip with your favorite fruits.
- Maple syrup can be used instead of honey if preferred.
- Adjust sweetness to suit your tastes.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Nutritional info calculated using 1 tbsp honey and no toppings.