10 Best Air Fryer Microwave Combos (2022 Guide)This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my disclosure.
This detailed guide will help you find the best air fryer microwave combos for your kitchen! You’ll learn all about this helpful appliance, what to consider when looking for one, and the pros and cons of the top 10 air fryer microwaves available on the market today!
In modern day cooking, we all have our favorite appliances. There are microwave ovens, microwave toasters, and convection ovens, but what about an air fryer microwave? If you haven’t heard of this amazing kitchen tool yet, don’t worry. Air fryer microwave combos just recently hit the culinary market and are already taking it by storm.
So, are countertop air fryer microwave combos worth it? In this helpful guide, I’m covering everything you need to know about these trendy convection microwave ovens. Of course, I’ll also let you know how to get your hands on the best air fryer microwave combo around.
What Is An Air Fryer? How Do They Work?
If you’re not already on the air fryer bandwagon, allow me to be the first to welcome you. Trust me, you’re going to love it here. Over the last decade, air fryers have gained tremendous popularity for essentially being chic countertop convection ovens.
The air fryer technology is made to simulate a deep fryer, although it doesn’t deep fry foods (hello, less oil and healthier food). Instead, air fryers rapidly circulate hot air, which crisps up your food in less time than it would take to deep fry it.
Types Of Air Fryers
Now when you go to buy an air fryer, you’re going to have to choose between three different kinds of air fryers with different features.
The first is a paddle-type air fryer, which gets its name from a paddle that is rotated inside the machine’s basket. The paddle helps to circulate the air, so you don’t have to manually flip your food.
Then, we have the basket-type air fryer. This one got its name because it cooks food in —you guessed it— a basket. The basket is punctuated with holes so air can circulate easily, but you still have to manually flip your food. Basket-type air fryers are great for cooking foods like chicken wings and pizza bagels, but I would stay away from anything soupy or saucy.
The third kind of air fryer is a countertop convection oven with an air fryer function. Essentially, they use convection technology that is super similar to air frying. In general, convection toaster ovens boast a large capacity and lots of unique features that allow for variety when cooking meals.
What Is The Difference Between An Air Fryer And A Microwave?
The major difference between the two is that microwaves heat and reheat food, while air fryers alter the way it is cooked.
Air fryers use a heating coil to produce heat, then hot air is circulated within the basket or chamber. Microwaves, on the other hand, have internal heating elements that create microwaves (aka microwave radiation) that are zapped at your food to warm it through.
Air fryers are typically safer than microwaves (electromagnetic radiation can put your food at risk) and produce a much more desirable flavor and texture than microwaves. However, air fryers have longer cooking times and microwaves are the best option for heating large portions of food.
I recommend using air fryers to cook anything raw that you want transformed into crispy, delicious perfection.
However, microwave ovens may be the better choice for reheating cold food and leftovers. That being said, determining which is the better kitchen appliance will depend on your specific cooking needs at any given time.
What Are Air Fryer Microwaves?
An air fryer microwave or microwave air fryer is a small kitchen appliance that combines air fryers and microwaves into a single machine. The best way to describe it is as an appliance that has both a microwave setting and an air fryer setting, so you’re able to reap the benefits of both appliances.
The best microwave air fryer combos will save you time and money and are able to cook food without using oil. A compact microwave air fryer combo is also easier to clean than a traditional oven, and it takes up minimal counter space.
On the flip side, a lot of folks don’t want to sacrifice additional counter space for their microwave air fryers. Furthermore, even though the overall cooking process is shorter than in a conventional oven, food still takes longer to cook in an air fryer microwave than in a regular microwave.
What To Look For When Buying An Air Fryer Microwave
If you’re in the market for a top-rated microwave air fryer combo, there are a few key items to consider.
First and foremost, are you looking to cook big family meals? If so, you will need to select a combo microwave air fryer that is large enough to accommodate the whole crew.
On the other hand, if you have a smaller kitchen (with lower power levels), you’re going to be looking at a smaller appliance.
You should also consider a microwave air fryer’s features. If you’re looking to do more than simply roast chickens and cook fries, then you want to find an appliance with lots of cooking options and settings.
Of course, you should also consider the price you’re willing to pay, as everyone has different budgets. With microwave air fryers, you are paying for quality, so keep in mind that splurging initially might be worth it later on.
List Of 10 Best Air Fryer Microwave Combos
Ready to take the plunge? I’ve rounded up some of the best air fryer microwave combos on the market for you to choose from. Check out these air fryer microwave combo reviews to choose the one that makes the most sense for your home.
1. Galanz GTWHG12BKSA10 4-in-1 ToastWave – My Top Pick
This top-of-the-line appliance lands at the top of our list with TotalFry 360, a convection feature, a microwave, and an air fryer. Basically, it’s got everything you need to cook perfect meals every time for any occasion.
- Features: Stainless steel exterior; built-in humidity sensor (ensuring your food is never over or undercooked); a nonstick turntable.
- Size: 21.25 x 22.25 x 12.56 inches and 40.2 pounds
- Price: $533.12 USD
- Pros: Easy to use; great for beginners; offers a wide variety of functions.
- Cons: Takes up a lot of counter space; hot to the touch when in use.
- What it’s known for: It has an express cooking knob that replaces the need for cooking time conversions.
- Why to consider it: It is high-quality and well worth the price, given that you’re able to do almost anything with this appliance.
2. Toshiba ML2-EC10SA(BS) – Best Bang For Your Buck
My runner-up for the best air fryer microwave is the definition of multifunctional. (Think: air fry mode, microwave function, convection cooking, and grill/combi). This air fryer microwave is the best way to cook a ton of different foods.
- Features: Healthy air fryer helps you avoid added fats; easy-to-clean stainless steel interior; electronic controls.
- Size: 1 cubic foot capacity (can fit a whole roasted chicken and a 12-inch pizza)
- Price: $226.72 USD
- Pros: Saves countertop space; user-friendly with instruction guide; easy-to-use interface.
- Cons: Must preheat air fryer mode; no keypad.
- What it’s known for: Eco mode reduces the power usage of the device by 50 percent.
- Why to consider it: This appliance is incredibly user-friendly, making it ideal for first-timers.
3. Panasonic HomeChef 4-in-1 Microwave Oven with Air Fryer – Best Variety
Looking for an all-in-one appliance to cook your whole meal? Allow me to introduce you to the Panasonic HomeChef. Yes, this thing really can do it all: microwave, broil, air fry, and convection bake. Seriously, this microwave air fryer is perfect for everything from quick weeknight dinners to crave-worthy desserts.
- Features: Partners with recipe apps Drop and SideChef to give you fun meal ideas; steel interior; child safety lock.
- Size: 1.2 cubic feet capacity and 14.97 x 15.36 x 9 inches
- Price: $529.95 USD
- Pros: It is both a microwave and a toaster oven combo, looks sleek, and has cooking times comparable to regular microwaves.
- Cons: Microwave buttons are hard to see and there’s no online tutorial.
- What it’s known for: This 4-in-1 unit is terrific because it reduces oil/fat, has preset options, and includes safety features (a cooling fan).
- Why to consider it: You can replace your microwave with this product and add three additional functions for the same amount of space.
4. Galanz GSWWA12S1SA10 3-in-1 SpeedWave – Versatile and Quiet
This is the best 3-in-1 microwave air fryer convection oven because it has a multitude of uses. It doesn’t matter if you’re looking to quickly reheat something, put together a complex meal, or fry up a quick snack, this appliance can handle it.
- Features: Touch-sensitive control panel; 10 cooking programs; heavy-duty ergonomic handle.
- Size: 1.2 cubic feet capacity and 21.19 x 22 x 12.19 inches
- Price: $286.20 USD
- Pros: It is super versatile and incredibly quiet.
- Cons: The glass door is too dark to see what’s going on inside.
- What it’s known for: This unit comes with 10 cooking programs: Bake, Air Fry, Roast, Microwave, Convection, Micro+Convection, Sensor Reheat, Sensor Cook, Popcorn, Defrost.
- Why to consider it: If you’re looking for an ultra-versatile microwave air fryer that doesn’t make a lot of noise, this is the one for you.
5. GE Profile 22” Countertop Microwave Oven – Large Capacity
This GE microwave air fryer combo is equipped with cooking controls and carved oven racks that ensure your food cooks to perfection every time. Its large size allows users to cook more at once than many other models, making it great for families.
- Features: Convection and microwave radiation; sensor cooking controls that automatically adjust the cooking time.
- Size: 20 x 21.1 x 12.1 inches and 1.5 cubic feet capacity
- Price: $889.99 USD
- Pros: It has 10 convection cooking options.
- Cons: It uses 1500 watts of energy, which is more than competitors.
- What it’s known for: This unit has an extra-large capacity of 1.5 cubic feet, making it ideal for cooking multiple dishes at once.
- Why to consider it: This unit is ideal for anyone who needs an easy-to-use microwave air fryer that can accommodate multiple dishes at once. (AKA busy moms who are feeding an army.)
6. Calphalon Performance Air Fry Convection Oven – Affordable and Versatile
Calphalon microwave air fryer reviews boast that this unit is one of the best air fryer microwave combinations available online, with a 4.5/5-star rating from over 2,500 reviews. With 11 precision cooking functions and turbo convection, this unit really can do it all.
- Features: 11 precision cooking functions; turbo convection; LCD screen; built-in-light.
- Size: Large capacity that can fit a 12” pizza and 18.7 x 15.8 x 11.6 inches
- Price: $242.99 USD
- Pros: Easy-to-clean interior; removable crumb tray; stainless steel exterior.
- Cons: It uses 1400 watts of energy, which is a bit more than its competition.
- What it’s known for: It uses quartz technology that delivers 40 percent more even heat, which generates the best results in the crispy food department.
- Why to consider it: This unit is more affordable than its competition yet can do just as much. I find this appliance is a great idea if you’re looking to get a good bang for your buck.
7. Breville Combi Wave 3-in-1 – Smart Oven and Speedy
This Breville 3-in-1 appliance is one of the best microwave air fryers. It combines the speed of a microwave, the precision of a convection oven, and the efficiency of an air fryer for delicious, no-fuss meals in no time.
- Features: Easy-to-use preset buttons; illustrated instructions on monitoring panel; automatic settings to suit lots of different foods.
- Size: 21 x 20.4 x 21 inches and 1.1 cubic feet capacity
- Price: $449.95 USD
- Pros: It has a sleek glass door that allows you to watch your food cook.
- Cons: It’s a bit more expensive than some other air fryer microwave models.
- What it’s known for: This appliance has smart cook, smart reheat, and smart defrost options that are available through smart algorithms that steer power.
- Why to consider it: This unit is designed to cook your meals faster than other conventional ovens, making it a wonderful solution for busy moms and easy meal prep.
8. Toshiba ML-EC42P(BS) – Convenient and User-Friendly
The Toshiba ML-EC42P(BS) was one of the best microwave air fryer combos of 2021 for several reasons. Not only is it high-quality and adaptable, but this microwave air fryer is probably the most user-friendly of the bunch.
- Features: Pre-programmed settings to help with cooking; LED lighting; eco mode; child safety lock.
- Size: 1.5 cubic feet capacity
- Price: $254.99 USD
- Pros: It is equipped with a smart sensor that has a pre-programmed menu for popular foods —like potatoes, for example— ensuring optimal cooking results every time.
- Cons: The lightbulb is somewhat mediocre and might not last very long.
- What it’s known for: This unit has an extra-large capacity, making it great for cooking large meals or multiple dishes.
- Why to consider it: The Toshiba is incredibly user-friendly and is equipped with tons of convenience features (including multi-stage cooking, a child safety lock, clock and kitchen timer, a mute button, and more).
9. NuWave Bravo XL 10-in-1 Functions – Wide Variety for an Affordable Price
Talk about the holy grail of the best microwave convection oven air fryer combos. Believe it or not, this NuWave appliance boasts 10 functions in a single machine, making it the ultimate gadget for anyone looking to cook like a professional. If you can only afford one cooking appliance, why not make it one that functions as 10 appliances?
- Features: Temperature control; 30-quart capacity; 40 easy-to-follow recipes included.
- Size: 30 quarts capacity
- Price: $189.99 USD
- Pros: It offers a bigger cooking surface than standard air fryers and is less expensive than most without sacrificing quality.
- Cons: The instructions aren’t super clear and the manual can be hard to follow.
- What it’s known for: This unit cooks food in a wide range of temperatures and works within five cooking stages.
- Why to consider it: This microwave air fryer is designed to be much safer and more efficient than a regular oven. Not to mention, you’re getting a ton of clever touches for an affordable price.
10. Cuisinart AMW-60 3-in-1 Oven Air Fryer Microwave Combo — Most Compact
Last but not least, this Cuisinart air fryer takes all the benefits of a microwave air fryer combo and compacts it into the smallest amount of surface area. It’s perfect for college dorms and smaller kitchens!
- Features: 11 power levels; touchpad controls; LED display; easy to use and clean.
- Size: 0.6 cubic feet capacity and 14.4 x 17.9 x 13.8 inches
- Price: $249.95 USD
- Pros: It takes up less counter space than the competition.
- Cons: This model isn’t able to hold larger meals or multiple dishes at once.
- What it’s known for: This unit offers all the same terrific benefits of an air fryer microwave combo without taking up your entire countertop.
- Why to consider it: If you have a smaller kitchen — or less available counter space — this unit is the one for you! It was made for folks who want to fit an air fryer microwave in those harder-to-reach places.
Air Fryer Recipes To Try!
Now that you’ve gotten your hands on one of the best microwaves with an air fryer, it’s time to put it to use! From wings and fries to bread and baked goods, there are tons of incredible ways to use an air fryer. Here are some of the best air fryer recipes to try:
- Air Fryer Garlic Bread
- Air Fryer Cinnamon Rolls
- Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower Wings
- Air Fryer Banana Chips
- Air Fryer Jicama Fries Recipe
Air Fryer FAQs
Here are the answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about air fryers:
While air fryers can technically warm foods, they’re more likely to crisp up your food than a regular microwave oven. If you’re looking to replace your old microwave, I recommend opting for one of the best microwave and air fryer combos instead.
You shouldn’t cook battered, saucy, or soupy foods in your air fryer, as they won’t be very fun to clean up. I also don’t recommend cooking large, whole chickens inside your air fryer, as you risk cooking them unevenly.
Yes! You can safely put raw meat and even frozen raw meat into your air fryer. If you forget to thaw your meat in advance, don’t worry—just pop it into the air fryer and add some extra time (exact time depends on weight) to the clock to compensate.
So, is an air fryer microwave combination worth it? After reading about the best microwave convection air fryer combos, I hope you’ve figured out your answer! Both air fryers and microwaves are amazing kitchen gadgets to have at home, but a combination of the two is a terrific way to save counter space and maximize your cooking abilities.
If you’re considering a new microwave air fryer, I hope this guide to air fryers provided the gentle push that you might have needed. Have fun shopping for your new favorite appliance and feel free to browse my air fryer recipe list for some tasty ways to get started. Happy frying!