I’m usually a baby spinach kind of girl.
I use baby spinach for everything: as lettuce in tacos, as a mix-in for lentil soup, in smoothies, I could go on. It’s such an easy way to get your full serving of greens every day, and baby spinach has such a mild flavor that it goes in just about anything!
But this time, I decided to try a different mix: a blend of Green Cabbage, Red Cabbage, Romaine, Radishes, Carrots, Green Onions for this Apple and Brie Salad.
I topped it with an Apple Cider Vinaigrette, which has sweet notes of apple, fruity olive oil, tangy apple cider vinegar and spicy cayenne in it.
If you love brie, then you will adore this salad. You can even use this mixture as a filling for a sandwich — just spread some of the vinaigrette on two slices of sprouted wheat bread, add 1 slice of brie and top with this salad — delicious!
Apple and Date Salad with Brie
- 1 pkg. DOLE Chopped Summer Garden Blend
- 1 Granny Smith apple cored and sliced
- 1/4 cup pitted dates chopped
- 1/3 cup walnuts toasted and chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion chopped
- 2 oz. Brie cheese chopped
- Salt & ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp apple jelly
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- Combine apple jelly through cayenne pepper in a blender. Cover, blend until smooth (this is the dressing)
- Combine salad, apples, dates, walnuts, onion and Brie in large bowl. Toss with dressing until coated as desired. Season with salt and pepper to taste.