Blueberry Banana Blast Smoothie
This smoothie packs an antioxidant punch from the frozen wild blueberries and spinach (or kale – your choice!), has natural sweetness from the bananas and pineapple, and added protein from some plain Greek yogurt.
Servings: 2 servings
- 1 cup frozen wild blueberries
- 1 fresh or frozen banana
- 1/4 cup fresh cut pineapple
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup baby spinach or kale
- 1 tbsp ground flax seed
- 1/2 cup 1% milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup ice optional
Top tips for making a Blueberry Banana Smoothie
Note: There is no added sugar in this recipe - all of the sugar comes from the fruit and dairy used!
- You can use fresh or frozen fruit - frozen is great for convenience.
- Drink this smoothie as soon as you make it. It will keep in the fridge for up to 12 hours, but you'll have to re-stir it since the ingredients will separate in the fridge over time.
- To make this smoothie vegan, use a vegan protein powder instead of Greek Yogurt, and swap out the milk for coconut or almond milk (make sure to get the unsweetened variety with no carrageenan).
Calories: 165kcal | Carbohydrates: 29.6g | Protein: 9.4g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 0.6g | Cholesterol: 3mg | Sodium: 62mg | Fiber: 5.8g | Sugar: 5.5g