Zucchini Baby Food Puree with Carrots and Apples
Veggies mixed with fruit is always bound to be a hit in our household. Zucchini and carrots are already pretty mild / on the sweeter side, so when paired with some apples, it becomes a true sweet treat!
Servings: 16 ounces
- 1 pound organic zucchini
- ½ pound organic carrots
- 2 organic fuji apples 6oz each
- 12 oz water
Wash all the produce. Cut zucchini in half lengthwise and cut each half into 8 pieces.
Peel carrots. Cut in half lengthwise and cut each half into 8 pieces.
Cut apples in half, remove seeds and stem. Cut each half into 8 pieces.
Add carrots and water into a large pot. Turn on high and cook 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add zucchini and apples and cook another 3-5 minutes.
Pour everything into a blender, puree until smooth.
Pour into ice cube trays, allow to cool, wrap/cover, and freeze.
Thaw in the fridge the night before use, or thaw by putting the ice cube in a bowl over a bowl of hot water on the counter to defrost.
Adapted from BabyLove
- Store zucchini in a paper bag in the fridge to keep fresh.
- If you don’t want to boil everything in a pot, you can also use a steamer basket or slow cooker to cook down the vegetables and fruit.
- Cut the vegetables and fruit into small pieces to help them cook down more quickly.
- If you plan to use this entire batch of zucchini baby food within 1 week, you can transfer the entire puree into one airtight container and place it in the fridge. Then, just scoop out individual servings when you’re ready to feed your baby.
- 1 ice cube = 1 oz of food
Calories: 22kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 13mg | Potassium: 144mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 2437IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 11mg | Iron: 1mg