With moist and chewy middles, these matcha brownies are for matcha lovers everywhere! These fudgy green tea brownies disappear quickly. Vegan & gluten-free option.
Servings: 12 brownies
Preheat oven to 320 degrees F / 160 C. Line a square 8”x8” baking tin with parchment paper.
In a microwave-safe bowl melt the butter and chocolate chips in 30-second bursts until melted and smooth.
Whisk in the eggs and vanilla extract.
In a separate bowl whisk all remaining ingredients.
Fold the dry ingredients into the wet until well combined.
Spoon the batter into the prepared tin and cook for 25-30 minutes or until an inserted skewer comes out with a few crumbs stuck to it.
Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before cutting into 12 pieces.
- To make these brownies vegan-friendly use vegan butter, vegan white chocolate and substitute the eggs with ¾ cup apple sauce.
- Substitute the flour for gluten-free flour and ensure the baking powder is also gluten-free to make these brownies gluten-free.
- Optional: Lightly sprinkle the top of the brownies with matcha powder or powdered sugar
- ½ cup white chocolate chunks can be added to the batter before cooking if desired.
- Cool completely before cutting.
- For a low sugar option, cut the amount of sugar by half (then each brownie will have only 9 grams of sugar and under 200 calories).
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Serving: 1brownie | Calories: 224kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 0.3g | Cholesterol: 63mg | Sodium: 182mg | Potassium: 87mg | Fiber: 0.2g | Sugar: 18g