Vegan Vanilla Pudding
This vegan vanilla pudding is out-of-this-world creamy, smooth, and full of delicious flavors! Just like traditional fluffy vanilla pudding, this non-dairy vanilla pudding recipe is quick and easy to make with basic ingredients.
Servings: 4 servings
- 2 cups almond milk
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 pinch salt
- turmeric for color
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
First, mix all the ingredients in a medium sauce pan, whisk all the ingredients except for the vanilla extract. Whisk well to avoid lumps.
Bring the saucepan over the stove over medium heat. Whisk occasionally to prevent the pudding from sticking to the bottom of the pan. Once the pudding starts to bubble, steam for one to two minutes.
Next, add the vanilla extract and combine.
Transfer the vanilla pudding in individual bowls or ramekins and allow it to cool. Alternatively, transfer it to one large container if you plan to serve it later.
Finally, place the pudding in the refrigerator for at least an hour to thicken.
Serve this vegan vanilla pudding with fresh strawberries, coconut cream, animal crackers, nilla wafers, or cookies.
- Since this is a vegan pudding, the color will be ashen. Use a pinch of turmeric to achieve a golden look.
- Coconut oil is essential to a smooth pudding. It doesn't affect the flavor, and is technically not needed, but if you want that thick, creamy pudding texture I would recommend using it!
- Allow the pudding to cool at room temperature before placing it in the refrigerator.
- Store in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
- For a healthy vanilla pudding, reduce the amount of sugar in the recipe by half.
Calories: 158kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 173mg | Potassium: 5mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 13g