Healthy Apple Cinnamon Pancakes
These perfectly sweet, vegan apple pancakes will remind you of an apple cider donut! Made with gluten-free flour, apple juice, warm spices, and a fresh apple compote, this is a healthy, family-friendly breakfast that everyone will love!
Servings: 12 pancakes
In a small mixing bowl mix together the ground flax seeds and water, stir and allow to sit for 10 minutes.
Sift the flour and baking powder together in a mixing bowl.
Add the coconut oil through to soy milk to a mixing bowl and whisk together.
Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients along with the flax seed mixture.
Whisk until the batter is smooth. Allow batter to rest for 5 minutes before using.
Meanwhile prepare the apple topping by adding all topping ingredients to a small pot and heat over a medium-high heat. Stir continuously until the apples are tender.
Heat a skillet over medium heat, lightly spray with olive oil and scoop ¼ cup of pancake batter into the skillet and cook until bubbles begin to appear. Flip and continue to cook for another 2-3 minutes.
Repeat until all batter has been used.
Serve pancakes topped with poached apple topping and a sprinkle of powdered sugar.
- To reduce the amount of lumps in your batter, first mix your dry ingredients and wet ingredients separately. Then, make a well in the dry ingredients, pour in the wet ingredients, and stir a few times. Be gentle – overmixing will result in flat pancakes!
- Let the batter sit for about 5-10 minutes while you heat your griddle or skillet.
- Use a cookie scoop or pancake dispenser, to measure out the portions.
- Flip the pancakes only when the edges look a little dry and you see bubbles on top. They are ready when both sides are golden brown!
- Wipe off the skillet in between pancake batches -- it's inevitable that some parts of the pancake might flake off and burn, or the unused oil will burn when you're cooking the pancakes. To avoid any off-tasting or burned bits attaching to your next batch, wipe the skillet clean in between!
Serving: 1pancake | Calories: 86kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 4mg | Potassium: 86mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g