Gluten Free Pasta Salad with Olives and Herbs
If you are looking for an easy, make-ahead dish, then this Gluten Free Pasta Salad with Olives and Herbs could be for you!
Servings: 6 servings (1 serving = 1 cup)
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook pasta, stirring occasionally, until just tender, 8 to 10 minutes, or according to package directions. Drain and refresh under cold running water.
Whisk mayonnaise, yogurt, oil, vinegar (or lemon juice), garlic, salt and pepper in a large bowl until smooth.
Add the pasta and toss to coat.
Add tomatoes, bell pepper, carrots, scallions, olives and basil
Toss to coat until all of the ingredients have combined. Season with salt & pepper to taste.
Serve cold topped with some grated parmesan if you like!
Top tips for this High Protein Pasta Salad with Olives and Herbs
Recipe modified from EatingWell.com
- Cook the pasta al dente (with bite).
- Use dry pasta, not fresh: dry pasta can withstand both cooking and hanging out in dressing without getting mushy.
- Pasta salad will last 3 - 5 days in the fridge and can be made the day before serving.
- Dress the pasta while it is still slightly warm.
- Don't rinse your pasta after you cook it! You want to keep all that starchy water with your pasta, which will help it hold onto the dressing.
Calories: 436kcal | Carbohydrates: 51g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 5mg | Sodium: 337mg | Potassium: 314mg | Fiber: 13g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 6600IU | Vitamin C: 44.1mg | Calcium: 114mg | Iron: 8.4mg