Red Lentil Pasta Recipe with Superfood Marinara Sauce!
This lentil pasta recipe is the ultimate easy vegetarian meal that is filled with protein and ready within minutes! Red marinara sauce is mixed with tender nutritious vegetables for a wholesome balanced meal that is bold in flavor.
Servings: 4 servings
- 8 ounces Lentil Penne Pasta
- 25 ounces Jarred Marinara Sauce
- 6 ounces Baby Spinach chopped
- 2 Red Bell Peppers diced
- ¼ Red Onion diced
- 1 zucchini diced
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 2-3 tsp Italian seasoning more or less to taste
- ½ tsp salt more to taste
- ⅛ tsp crushed red pepper more to taste
- 8 tbsp Parmesan cheese use 2 tbsp per serving
Cook the pasta according to package directions.
In a medium sized pot, saute the peppers, onion, zucchini, spinach, garlic and spices (italian seasoning, salt, crushed red pepper) for about 5-10 minutes until soft.
Combine the cooked veggie mixture with 1 jar of Marinara Sauce in a blender. Blend until smooth. (Alternatively you can add the red sauce to the pot, and use an immersion blender to blend it together).
Combine the cooked pasta with the superfood sauce mixture. Top with parmesan cheese and serve.
Tips for Making The Best Lentil Pasta
- Use plenty of water so there is enough room for the pasta to expand while it cooks.
- Bring water to a rapid boil before adding the pasta.
- As soon as you drop your pasta in the water, stir it. This prevents the pasta from sticking together or to the sides of the pot.
- For added texture and protein, try sprinkling some pine nuts on top!
- Serve this pasta with a side salad packed with leafy greens for even more veggies!
Calories: 318kcal | Carbohydrates: 51g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 7mg | Sodium: 1481mg | Potassium: 1125mg | Fiber: 14g | Sugar: 9g