Vegetable Puree for Baby: Broccoli, Cauliflower, and Spinach
A nutrient rich vegetable puree for baby with three of the healthiest green vegetables. Broccoli, cauliflower, and spinach have tons of health benefits and essential nutrients for young babies. This green vegetable puree has a mild flavor baby will love! Make sure your baby gets their veggies by introducing this puree into their daily repertoire!
Servings: 100 tablespoons
- 5 cups frozen organic broccoli
- 5 cups frozen organic spinach
- 10 cups frozen organic cauliflower
- At least 16oz water - more for a thinner puree
Put all of the frozen veggies in your steamer and steam for 5 minutes until the broccoli and spinach is bright green.
Put into a blender in batches (there will be too much to put in all at once). Add water to thin the puree.
Pour into ice cube trays, allow to cool, cover/wrap and freeze.
Thaw in the fridge the night before use, or thaw by putting the ice cube in a bowl over a bowl of hot water on the counter to defrost.
- There is a ton of fiber in this puree, so there is the potential for gas and/or tummy troubles if you introduce too much of it at once. As with any new food, introduce it slowly, early in the day so any after-effects or any allergic reaction is dealt with before bedtime.
- This puree does not have a sweet flavor. If your baby rejects it outright, try mixing it with a baby puree that’s a bit sweeter like banana puree, pear puree, or any simple fruit purees with non-acidic fresh fruit (apples, ripe avocados, etc). You can also try mixing it with whole milk organic yogurt and a little bit of a different fruit puree.
- This recipe makes 100 tablespoons of puree. One serving is about 4 tablespoons of vegetable puree.
- Spice up your baby's food! Serve with a pinch of garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, coriander, or mild curry powder. You can also bring a fresh earthy flavor to this recipe be adding fresh leafy green herbs such as cilantro, mint, parsley, or basil.
Serving: 4tablespoons | Calories: 17.4kcal | Carbohydrates: 3.5g | Protein: 1.6g | Sodium: 22.5mg | Potassium: 204.6mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g