Prune Baby Food Puree with Fuji Apples
This simple recipe for prune baby puree with Fuji Apples will quickly become one of your baby's favorites. Full of healthy antioxidants and fiber, prunes help keep baby regular!
Servings: 16 ounces
- 8 Organic Fuji Apples
- 20 Organic Prunes dried plums
- 8-10 oz water for a thicker puree, use less water
Wash the apples. Cut in half and remove seeds and stems. Cut each half into 4-6 pieces.
Remove pits from prunes (or - timesaver: get pitted prunes!)
Put apples, prunes, and water into a large pot.
Cover and turn the burner on high. Cook for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Pour everything into a blender, puree until smooth.
Pour into ice cube trays and allow to cool. Cover/wrap, and freeze.
Adapted from BabyLove
- Use baby food freezer containers or ice cube trays to store this baby food. That way you can make one large batch that will last you and your baby for several months!
- Use a good blender, or food processor to easily blend the fruit puree.
- Use pitted prunes to save yourself time from removing the pits yourself.
- If you remove the apple skin you will lose some of the fiber, so keep the skins on! They will blend easily once cooked down.
- Thaw in the fridge the night before use, or thaw by putting the ice cube in a bowl over a bowl of hot water on the counter to defrost.
- Spice up your baby's food! Add a pinch of cinnamon, nutmeg, or allspice to this recipe!
- 1 ice cube = 1 oz of food
Calories: 77kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 2mg | Potassium: 189mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 147IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 11mg | Iron: 1mg