Healthy Quesadillas with Black Beans and Veggies
These easy healthy quesadillas are packed with black beans, gooey cheese, and crunchy veggies, and are ready in under 30 minutes!
Servings: 4 servings
- 4 Sprouted Wheat Tortillas (1 per quesadilla)
- 1 cup Mexican shredded cheese blend (1/4 cup per quesadilla)
- 1 cup Refried black beans (1/4 cup per quesadilla)
- 1 tsp Taco Seasoning (more to taste)
- 3 roma tomatoes diced
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 1 red/orange/yellow bell pepper diced
- 8 tbsp Salsa (2 tbsp per quesadilla)
- 4 tbsp Guacamole (1 tbsp per quesadilla)
Heat beans over the stove on medium heat. Add taco seasoning to taste and stir until combined
Heat a large pan over medium to medium-low heat, spray with olive oil cooking spray. Add tortilla to pan.
Assemble quesadillas: One layer of beans, one layer of cheese (1/8 cup), a layer of onions & peppers, and another layer of cheese (remaining 1/8 cup).
Grill the quesadillas in the pan until both sides are browned and crispy and the cheese has melted. About 1-2 minutes on each side. Top with diced tomatoes, 1 Tbsp guac and 2 Tbsp salsa.
Top Tips for Making the Perfect Healthy Quesadillas
- Use sprouted wheat tortillas, whole wheat tortillas or even corn tortillas instead of white flour tortillas.
- Prep your fillings ahead of time for easy assembly.
- Don't over stuff your quesadilla. A quesadilla is better when you keep it on the lighter side. If you want some additional veggies, serve with a side salad or some sauteed fresh veggies on the side.
- Tortillas burn easily, so you want to fry your quesadillas on medium heat. It takes about a minute to a minute and a half to get each side crispy and golden--and your cheese will be perfectly melted, too.
- To make this gluten free, just use a gluten free tortilla. To make this vegan, omit the cheese or use vegan cheese.
Serving: 1quesadilla | Calories: 380kcal | Carbohydrates: 46.8g | Protein: 18.6g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 4.6g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 848mg | Potassium: 636mg | Fiber: 10.9g | Sugar: 1.5g