Healthy Copycat Taco Bell Mexican Pizza
This vegetarian copycat Taco Bell Mexican Pizza is a real treat, and you wouldn't guess that it's healthy! Low in calories, made with whole foods, and ready in less than 30 minutes!
Servings: 1 serving
- 1/3 cup refried black beans
- 1 tsp taco seasoning more to taste
- 1/4 cup mexican 4 cheese blend
- 1 whole wheat or sprouted wheat tortilla 100-120 calories, with at least 5g fiber
- 1/8 cup red onion diced
- 1 roma tomato seeded and diced
- 1/2 red (or orange/yellow) bell pepper diced
- 2 tbsp Salsa
- 2 tbsp Guacamole
Crisp up the whole wheat tortilla in either a toaster oven or a regular oven at 350 degrees for 10 minutes (or until it's crispy like a chip).
Heat up your beans in a small pot on low heat, and stir in the taco seasoning.
Spread the beans on the tortilla, and then top with veggies.
Top the pizza with cheese. Heat in a toaster oven (on medium low) or under a broiler (on high for 2-3 minutes) until the cheese has melted.
Top with salsa and guac, and enjoy!
Top tips for Making Taco Bell Mexican Pizza
- Make sure you get your tortilla really crispy in your oven. That's critical to making this Mexican pizza taste great! You want the tortilla to be able to remain crispy even after it's been topped with the veggies/beans and cheese, so over crisping it a little at the start can help. I've found that a level "3" setting on my toaster oven works well, or baking it at 350 degrees in a regular oven can work too.
- Use the freshest vegetables you have - the crunchier the better!
- You want to eat these pizzas hot, fresh out of the oven. If they've cooled down a bit, just pop them back in the oven at 350 degrees for 2-3 minutes to heat them up again before serving.
- This recipe makes 1 serving, but you can easily double/triple/quadruple it by just increasing the ingredients by that much (e.g. for 4 pizzas, use 4 tortillas, 4 tomatoes, 1 + 1/3 cup refried black beans, etc.)
- Try making your own guacamole, rather than buying it pre-packaged
Serving: 1pizza | Calories: 370kcal | Carbohydrates: 42.2g | Protein: 16.3g | Fat: 14.6g | Sodium: 900mg | Fiber: 10.4g | Sugar: 7.5g