Healthier Three Milk Cake Recipe
This Three Milk Cake is a heavenly dessert that will please your taste buds and leave you wanting more. Sweet, delicious, and melts in your mouth: this cake topped with homemade whipped cream and fresh fruit. As an added bonus - it's gluten-free too!
Servings: 16 pieces
For The Cake
- 2 cups Almond flour
- 1/2 cup Coconut flour
- 1/2 cup Tapioca flour
- 1/2 cup Cane sugar
- 2 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/3 cup Unsalted butter
- 1 cup Whole milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 4 Eggs
For The Toppings
- 1/2 cup Coconut milk
- 1/2 cup Condensed milk
- 1/2 cup Heavy whipping cream
- Fresh fruit (e.g. strawberries, blueberries) optional
For The Cake
In a bowl, take all the dry ingredients except sugar and whisk until everything is well combined.
In a separate bowl, crack the eggs and add the sugar. Whisk it until the egg starts to get frothy.
Add the melted butter, milk and vanilla extract to the egg mixture. Whisk until combined.
Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients mixture and whisk it gently until everything is evenly mixed.
Pour this batter into a greased and lined 8x8 baking pan and bake the cake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees F for about 20-30 minutes until a skewer inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean.
Let the cake cool slightly (about 10-15 minutes). While the cake is cooling, make the topping mixture (see steps below)
For The Toppings
Add the coconut milk and condensed milk into a small pot and place it over medium heat.
Warm it through, stirring continuously, for about 3-4 minutes. Turn off the heat.
Now, to the slightly cooled cake, poke a lot of holes using a skewer or a fork. Pour the warm milk mixture all over the cake as evenly as you can. Refrigerate the cake for about 4-6 hours before serving.
Before serving, whip up the whipping cream and spread it evenly on top of the cake and top it with slices of fresh fruit.
Top Tips For Making The Best Three Milk Cake
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. It’s best to slowly and gently combine and be sure not to overmix.
- Don’t skip chilling the cake for 4-6 hours - the longer the better. I know it’s a long time, but the cake is so amazing when it’s served cold. Plus, this gives the milk mixture time to really soak into the cake. You can even make it the day before and chill it overnight for even more moistness to make its way into the cake!
- Use any kind of fruit that you like on top. We used strawberries, but you could add blueberries, raspberries, or anything else you enjoy.
- Wait until right before serving to add the whipped cream to the cake so it's nice and fluffy!
- Make sure you use room temperature eggs and butter so that the wet ingredients mix well.
Serving: 1piece | Calories: 235.1kcal | Protein: 6.4g | Fat: 16.4g | Saturated Fat: 5.8g | Cholesterol: 70.4mg | Sodium: 34.8mg | Potassium: 55.3mg | Fiber: 3.1g | Sugar: 10g