Apple Cinnamon Pancakes
These perfectly sweet, apple cinnamon pancakes will remind you of an apple cider donut! Made with whole wheat flour, apple cider, warm spices and a fresh apple compote, this is a healthy, family-friendly breakfast that everyone will love!
Servings: 8 panakes
For The Topping
- 1/2 Fuji Apple diced
- 1/2 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 Tbsp Apple Cider
- 1/2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Tsp Cinnamon
In a bowl mix melted butter with brown sugar. Add eggs, vanilla extract and spices and beat to combine.
Mix in apple cider and add whole wheat flour and baking powder. Mix until everything is well incorporated and there are no lumps left.
Heat a skillet over medium heat. Pour a bit of oil to coat the surface. Pour around ⅓ Cup of batter and cook for 2 minutes or until bubbles form on top. Flip pancake and cook for 1 more minute. Remove from skillet and repeat the process with the rest of the batter.
While the pancakes are cooking make the topping. In a small pot over medium heat mix apples with apple cider, maple syrup, vanilla and cinnamon. Cook for 8 minutes or until apples are soft.
Top pancakes with poached apples.
Top Tips for Making Apple Cinnamon Pancakes
Nutrition facts are based on two regular eggs, water in the batter, and whole wheat flour
- To reduce the amount of lumps in your batter, first mix your dry ingredients and wet ingredients separately. Then, make a well in the dry ingredients, pour in the wet ingredients, and stir a few times. Be gentle – overmixing will result in flat pancakes!
- Let the batter sit for about 10-15 minutes while you heat your griddle or skillet.
- Use a cookie scoop or pancake dispenser, to measure out the portions.
- Flip the pancakes only when the edges look a little dry and you see bubbles on top. They are ready when both sides are golden brown!
- Wipe off the skillet in between pancake batches -- it's inevitable that some parts of the pancake might flake off and burn, or the unused oil will burn when you're cooking the pancakes. To avoid any off-tasting or burned bits attaching to your next batch, wipe the skillet clean in between!
Calories: 109kcal | Carbohydrates: 14.6g | Protein: 3.1g | Fat: 4.9g | Saturated Fat: 0.9g | Cholesterol: 46.5mg | Sodium: 41.9mg | Potassium: 47.5mg | Fiber: 1.7g | Sugar: 5.4g