Corn, Zucchini, and Onion Flatbread
Whole wheat naan becomes the base for this flatbread – but if you don’t have naan you can use whole wheat pita bread. For a super crispy flatbread you could even use whole wheat tortillas (if you like a thinner base).
Servings: 2 servings
- Whole-wheat tandoori naan bread 1 slice per flatbread
- 8 green onions cut into 3-inch pieces OR 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tsp extra-virgin olive oil + 1/4 tsp olive oil for every flatbread you make for brushing the flatbread
- 2 green zucchini quartered and sliced
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese 1/4 cup per flatbread
- 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves 1 tsp per flatbread
Heat a pan over medium heat. Saute the garlic, corn, squash, salt, pepper, onions, crushed red pepper in 1 tsp olive oil in a pan. Cook through for 5-10 minutes.
Warm naan in the oven or the toaster oven. Brush with 1/4 tsp olive oil. Top with the zucchini mixture (about 1/2 cup per flatbread, but you can put as much of it on as you like). Top with 1/4 cup cheese and 1 tsp fresh thyme.
Bake at 400 degrees for 8-10 minutes, until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
Top tips for making Corn, Zucchini, and Onion Flatbread
Adapted from CookingLight.com
- Use a whole wheat naan or a sprouted wheat tortilla for additional fiber
- Don't overload on cheese, a little goes a long way!
- Use the freshest veggies you can.
- Add some fresh herbs for additional flavor
- Be sure to pre-heat your oven!
Calories: 460kcal | Carbohydrates: 64g | Protein: 20.9g | Fat: 14.8g | Saturated Fat: 4.5g | Sodium: 635mg | Fiber: 9.6g | Sugar: 9.5g