Oat Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies
Oat flour chocolate chip cookies that are soft, chewy, and dangerously delicious! With golden, crisp edges and soft middles, these cookies disappear quickly. Naturally gluten-free & kid-friendly!
Servings: 18 servings
- ¼ cup butter softened at room temperature
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1¾ cup oat flour
- 2 tbsp oat flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ cup chocolate chips reserve ¼ cup to top cookies
- sea salt flakes optional
Preheat the oven to 340 degrees F / 170 C. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
In a stand mixer cream the softened butter and sugar.
When light and fluffy add the egg and vanilla extract and continue to whisk until well incorporated.
Add the remaining ingredients, except the salt flakes, and stir to form a dough.
Place the dough in the fridge for 30 minutes.
Scoop out a tablespoon size of dough and roll into balls. Place on the prepared baking sheet, gently press down and allow space for the cookies to spread. Press several chocolate chips into the top of the cookie and sprinkle with a pinch of salt flakes if using.
Repeat with remaining cookie dough.
Bake in the preheated oven for 8-10 minutes or until lightly golden.
Remove and allow to cool completely on a cooling rack.
Store cookies in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 5 days.
- Cookie dough recipe can be doubled if needed.
- Rest the dough in the fridge for 30 minutes helps the oat flour to absorb the moisture.
- If you find the dough a little sticky lightly wet your hands to roll into balls.
- Cookie dough can be prepared ahead of time, rolled into balls and either frozen for up to 3 months or kept in the fridge for up to 2 days before cooking.
- To make this vegan friendly, substitute the butter, chocolate chips and egg with vegan butter, a flax egg, and vegan chocolate chips.
Serving: 1cookie | Calories: 174kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 0.1g | Cholesterol: 17mg | Sodium: 32mg | Potassium: 110mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 9g