This creamy and colorful ube latte is sweet and refreshing! Ube extract is mixed with ice and almond milk, then topped with strong espresso. Skip the coffee shop and enjoy this simple iced latte at home!
Servings: 1 serving
Add the ube extract to the serving glass.
Fill with ice cubes.
Pour in the chilled almond milk and stir until well combined.
Top with espresso or instant coffee. If adding sugar combine it with the hot espresso before adding it to the milk.
- Any milk can be used instead of almond milk.
- Top with whipped cream as an added option.
- Recipe can be doubled and is best served immediately.
- Ube latte can also be made without coffee by simply removing the coffee and adding an extra ½ cup milk.
- Be sure to mix the sugar with the hot espresso so it dissolves. But if you're using a liquid sweetener, there's no need to mix it with hot espresso first, because it's already dissolved and ready to go into your iced drink.
- I prefer ube extract, but ube tea drops or ube jam work great too.
- Use high-quality dark roast coffee beans for best results.
- For a hot ube latte, heat the milk in the microwave, then use a milk frother to froth it.
- Make your own simple syrup to sweeten all your coffee drinks! Simply boil equal parts sugar and water, stirring until the sugar is completely dissolved. Remove from the heat, and refrigerate for up to 1 month.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 38kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 183mg | Potassium: 69mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g