Pancake Tacos Recipe
Who loves pancakes for breakfast?! My super easy Pancake Tacos recipe is a creative take on a breakfast classic! It's vegan, packed with protein, easy to customize with your favorite toppings, and is ready in less than 30 minutes!
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 cup Rolled Oats
- 1 Ripe Banana
- 2 tbsp Vegan Vanilla Protein Powder
- ½ tsp Cinnamon
- 2 tbsp Ground Flax Seeds
- ½ tsp Baking Powder
- 8 tbsp Unsweetened Soy Milk
- 2 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 pinch salt
- Filling Options: Coconut Yogurt, Sliced Banana, Diced Kiwi, Sliced Strawberries, Chopped Walnuts, Nut Butter
Place the oats into a high-speed food processor and blend until it forms a fine powder.
Add all remaining pancake ingredients, blend on high until smooth.
Remove and allow to sit for 5 minutes before using.
Heat a large skillet and lightly spray with oil.
Spoon ¼ cup of batter into the skillet and spread to form a circle.
Cook on medium heat until bubbles start to form, flip and cook for a further 3 minutes until cooked through.
Repeat with the remaining batter.
Allow pancakes to cool before filling with coconut yoghurt and topping with your favorite fruit, crushed nuts and nut butter.
- These pancakes are not meant to be fluffy, they are designed to be somewhat thin so that they can be flexible and used as a taco shell.
- Allowing the batter to sit for 5 minutes enables it to evenly absorb the liquids. If you find the batter is too thick add an additional tablespoon of soy milk.
- You can sub out the oats and use oat flour instead.
- Any plant based milk works well in this recipe.
Serving: 2pancake tacos | Calories: 186kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 14mg | Sodium: 33mg | Potassium: 346mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 10g