This vegan breakfast frittata recipe is easy to make and perfect for starting your day off right! If you are looking for a healthy breakfast you can whip up in a snap, this vegetarian frittata is the answer. You definitely will not miss the eggs in this vegan frittata!
Servings: 4 servings
- 300 grams silken tofu
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast (15 grams)
- 3 tbsp cornstarch or tapioca starch (25 grams)
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp olive oil (15 ml)
- ¼ cup plant-based milk (30 ml)
- 1 red onion diced
- 1 zucchini diced
- 1 bell pepper diced
- 1 potato diced
- 1 tomato seeded & diced
- Salt & Black Pepper to taste
- Optional Toppings: Fresh dill or parsley, avocado, sliced tomatoes
Heat the olive oil in an oven safe pan over medium heat and add the onion and sauté for 3 minutes. Cook for 4-5 minutes until lightly brown.
Add potato, zucchini, bell pepper, tomato and cook for another 2 minutes.
In a high-speed blender blend the tofu, nutritional yeast, cornstarch, turmeric, plant-based milk until smooth.
Pour the tofu mixture over the cooked vegetable directly into the pan and mix everything together.
Bake for 35-40 minutes at 375ºF/ 180ºC until the frittata is set in the middle and slightly golden on top.
Let it cool down for 5 minutes and slice into 8 even slices. Serve with fresh herbs.
- For best results, be sure to use Silken tofu instead of regular tofu to create that creamy rich texture that makes it so good!
- Feel free to throw any leftover vegetables into this dish!
- You can meal prep this recipe - just prepare the frittata until you're ready to bake, cover it and place it in the fridge. Then just bake according to the instructions below when you're ready to eat it!
- Try serving cold with a side salad for a quick lunch meal when you’re on the go.
Serving: 1piece | Calories: 187kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 36mg | Potassium: 749mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 6g