Banana Porridge Recipe
Jamaican banana porridge is simple, nourishing, sweet and so easy to make! I love this healthy banana porridge because it quenches my sweet tooth with natural sweetness that is good for you. In just a few minutes you can have a delicious and healthy breakfast the whole family will enjoy!
Prep Time5 minutes mins
Cook Time10 minutes mins
Total Time15 minutes mins
Diet: Gluten Free, Low Lactose, Vegan, Vegetarian
- 3 Green Bananas
- 2 cups Water
- 2 cups Unsweetened Coconut Milk
- 1 whole Cinnamon Stick
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- ⅛ tsp Salt
- ¼ cup Coconut Condensed Milk
Peel and chop the bananas.
Place the banana pieces along with the coconut milk and salt into a high-speed food processor, blend until smooth.
Bring the water, cinnamon stick and vanilla extract to a boil in a pot.
Stir in the banana pureé, bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer stirring for 10 minutes as the porridge thickens and cooks.
Stir through the coconut condensed milk to taste.
Remove from the heat and serve.
- Use green bananas or plantains for this recipe, ripe yellow bananas will not work.
- Store leftover in the fridge for up to 2 days.
- Adjust sweetness to taste by adding more or less coconut condensed milk. Coconut sugar or brown sugar can also be used to sweeten if desired.
- Any plant-based milk can be used instead of coconut milk.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 243kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 17g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 4mg | Sodium: 66mg | Potassium: 405mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 11g