Spinach Banana Muffins
Kid-friendly spinach banana muffins are a hearty and healthy snack! Mashed banana and honey sweeten a whole-grain muffin packed with sneaky spinach. Make a quick and easy swap to make these muffins gluten-free or vegan!
Prep Time10 minutes mins
Cook Time15 minutes mins
Total Time25 minutes mins
Course: Baking, Breakfast, Brunch, Snack, snacks
Diet: Gluten Free, Vegan, Vegetarian
Servings: 12 muffins
Preheat the oven to 330 degrees F / 170 C. Line a 12 hole muffin tray with muffin liners.
Add all ingredients from the ripe bananas through to melted coconut oil into a food processor and blitz until smooth. Set aside.
Whisk together all remaining dry ingredients in a separate mixing bowl.
Pour the spinach mixture into the dry ingredients and stir until it forms a smooth batter.
Divide batter amongst the muffin liners and bake for 15-20 minutes or until an inserted skewer comes out clean.
Remove and allow to cool on a rack.
- To make this recipe gluten free, substitute the whole wheat flour with gluten free flour.
- Almond milk can be substituted with soy, low fat or whole fat milk depending on your needs.
- To make this vegan friendly substitute the honey for maple syrup.
- Store muffins in a cool dry place or freeze for up to 2 months.
- Add ½ cup of chocolate chips to the batter as an additional flavor option.
Serving: 1muffin | Calories: 185kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 73mg | Potassium: 223mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 14g