Healthy Bran Muffins Recipe With Molasses
Moist and fiber-rich, this healthy bran muffins recipe comes out perfectly every time! These fluffy cinnamon-spiced muffins make a hearty breakfast or snack. Enjoy them immediately or freeze for busy weekday mornings. So delicious and kid friendly too!
Servings: 12 muffins
- 1½ cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup wheat bran
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon, ground
- ½ cup raisins, chopped
- 2 eggs or flax eggs
- ½ cup apple sauce
- ½ cup molasses
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil coconut oil also works
- ½ cup unsweetened soy milk
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F / 200 C. Line a 12 hole muffin tray with muffin liners.
In a medium mixing bowl whisk together the flour, wheat bran, sugar, baking powder and soda, salt and cinnamon. Stir through the raisins.
In a separate mixing bowl whisk together all remaining ingredients.
Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir to combine.
Divide batter between the muffin liners and bake for 10-15 minutes or until an inserted skewer comes out clean.
Allow to cool completely on a wire rack.
- To make this recipe vegan friendly, substitute the eggs with adding 2 tbsp ground chia seeds to the dry ingredients and 6 tbsp water to the wet ingredients.
- Store muffins in an airtight container in a cool dry place.
- Muffins can be frozen for up to 3 months.
Serving: 1muffin | Calories: 157kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 27mg | Sodium: 212mg | Potassium: 472mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 16g