Keto Creamed Spinach
This keto creamed spinach is a rich and creamy low-carb side dish! This creamy dip is gluten-free, kid-friendly, and easy to make too! Spinach, garlic, cream cheese, and parmesan combine to create a decadent side in only 15 minutes.
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 tbsp butter
- ½ onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 10 oz fresh baby spinach leaves
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 tbsp cream cheese, room temperature & diced can use up to 3 tbsp
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- ½ cup heavy cream
In a large pan sauté the butter and onion, cook until translucent. Add the garlic and cook for a further minute.
Add the spinach leaves and sauté until wilted.
Add the cream and bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer for 3-4 minutes until cream starts to thicken.
Add the cream cheese and grated parmesan cheese, stir to incorporate and continue to cook until sauce starts to thicken.
Add seasonings and adjust to taste.
- Adjust the thickness by adding more or less cream cheese - you don't need flour or an additional thickening agent!
- To add additional flavor try adding ½ tsp ground nutmeg.
- Use baby spinach for the best texture and flavor.
- If you choose to use frozen spinach, be sure to let it thaw and squeeze out the extra water. The extra liquid will make the dish runny instead of creamy.
- While frozen spinach can be used, raw spinach has a superior flavor!
Serving: 0.5cups | Calories: 226kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 65mg | Sodium: 607mg | Potassium: 468mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g