Tofu Cream Cheese Recipe
Even vegans can enjoy this delicious cream cheese! Tofu cream cheese is a thick and creamy spread that resembles regular cream cheese but it's made with firm tofu and coconut oil. Spread it on bagels, serve it with crackers, or make it into a delicious veggie dip. This easy tofu cream cheese takes only 8 minutes and it's dairy-free, nut-free, and gluten-free!
Servings: 10 servings
- 8 oz firm, water packed, tofu
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper
- ½ tbsp nutritional yeast
Lightly press out the excess water from the tofu.
Add all ingredients to a food processor and blitz until smooth, scraping down the sides to ensure all ingredients are incorporated.
Add in your favorite mix-ins or leave it plain.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 7 days.
Additional Mix Ins:
Fresh Dill: Finely chop 3 tbsp fresh dill leaves and fold through the cream cheese.
Green Onion: Finely slice 1 green onion and fold through the cream cheese.
Garlic and Herb: Mince 2 cloves of garlic and add to the cream cheese mixture along with 1 tsp of dried dill, basil and chives. Fold until well combined.
- Use your favorite brand of tofu or one that has a neutral taste.
- You can use a high-speed blender in place of a food processor.
- Be sure to store in a sealed container!
- If the mixture isn't fully blending, use a spatula to scrape down the sides. Process again until smooth.
- If you want to make a sweet and savory flavor, double the batch and divide in half before adding mix-ins.
- Vegan cream cheese can be used on bagels, sandwiches, as a dip or even to stuff jalapeno poppers.
Calories: 69kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 117mg | Potassium: 12mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g