Vegan Zucchini Muffins
This easy and delicious vegan zucchini muffins recipe is the perfect way to sneak in some extra veggies. Made with grated zucchini, whole wheat flour, almond milk, sugar, and vegan chocolate chips, these healthy muffins are guaranteed crowd-pleasers and are kid-friendly too!
Servings: 12 muffins
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F / 180 C. Line a 12 hole muffin tray with muffin liners.
In a medium mixing bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and baking soda, salt and ground flax seeds.
Add all remaining ingredients and stir through until just combined.
Divide the batter between the muffin liners.
Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until an inserted skewer comes out clean.
Remove and allow to cool on a cooling rack.
- Squeeze the grated zucchini with your hands until all excess liquid has been removed. This will help to keep the muffins fluffy, rather than soggy and waterlogged.
- Don’t worry about peeling the zucchini before grating it; zucchini skin is soft and cooks well in zucchini muffins.
- For the best results, bring your ingredients to room temperature before using them.
- Instead of dunking your measuring cup into a bag of flour, spoon the flour into the cup and level it off with a knife. This helps to prevent you from using too much flour, which is one of the most common baking mistakes.
- Make sure to use a large mixing bowl to combine your wet and dry ingredients. A large bowl ensures that you have plenty of room to mix without making a mess.
- To avoid over mixing the batter when adding the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, I recommend using a rubber spatula and mixing until just combined.
- Worried about burnt muffin bottoms? Slide a baking sheet underneath the muffin tin to help even out the heat as the muffins bake.
Serving: 1muffin | Calories: 193kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Sodium: 145mg | Potassium: 193mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 11g