Healthy Orange Cranberry Muffins (Gluten-Free)
These fluffy and healthy orange cranberry muffins are made with gluten-free flour. Dotted with dried cranberries and infused with orange zest they're super flavorful and make for a sweet breakfast or snack! They're vegan friendly too!
Servings: 12 muffins
- 1¼ cup gluten-free flour 1:1 blend
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ cup olive or vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- zest of 1 orange
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- ¾ cups unsweetened almond milk
- ¾ tbsp vinegar
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F / 170 C.
Mix together the almond milk and vinegar in a small bowl. Allow it to sit for 5 minutes to curdle. It will become vegan buttermilk.
Add the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and orange zest in a mixing bowl and whisk until well combined.
Add the remaining wet ingredients including the buttermilk, vanilla extract, and oil. Mix until smooth. Do not over mix. Add in the dried cranberries, and carefully fold them together.
Divide batter amongst 12 cupcake liners and bake for 20 minutes or until an inserted skewer comes out clean.
Remove from the oven. Allow to cool in the muffin tin for 5 minutes, then remove to cool completely on a wire rack.
Tips for Making Orange Cranberry Muffins
- Make a well in the center of the whisked together dry ingredients before adding the wet ingredients.
- Use a spatula to carefully fold the dry and wet ingredients together. Mix until just combined. Don't overmix. The batter will be a bit lumpy, and that's okay!
- For sweeter muffins use dried cranberries. For more tart muffins use fresh or frozen cranberries.
- If using frozen cranberries do not defrost them before adding them to the muffin batter.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Store at room temperature in an airtight container for 1-2 days.
- Freeze for up to 2 months. When ready to defrost thaw at room temperature for an hour, or overnight in the refrigerator.
Serving: 1muffin | Calories: 132kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 158mg | Potassium: 5mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 11g