Italian Margarita Recipe With Amaretto
Sweet and tart, this Italian margarita recipe is the perfect cocktail with such a crisp flavor! This orange margarita is made with Amaretto, Tequila, fresh citrus juices, and a little bit of sugar to create the best classic cocktail. This recipe is super easy and made within minutes with such simple steps. Enjoy this Italian version of a traditional margarita whenever you are in the mood for fresh and bright flavors.
Servings: 1 margarita
- 1 lime wedge
- sugar (for decorating the rim of the glass, not to be included in the actual mixed drink - about 1 tsp needed to coat each glass, maybe more depending on how big the glass is).
- 1 shot Amaretto
- 1 shot Tequila
- ½ cup ice cubes
- ½ lime juiced
- ½ orange juiced (you'll need 1/2 cup juice)
- orange and lime slices to serve
Run a lime wedge around the rim of a cocktail glass to moisten the rim. Dip the rim of the glass into the sugar to coat the edge.
In a cocktail shaker, add the Amaretto, Tequila, ice, lime juice, and orange juice. Cover the shaker with a lid and shake well.
Pour into the prepared glass. Serve the margarita with orange and lime slices.
- Margarita can be made with one shot of limoncello instead of fresh lime juice.
- Bottled orange juice can be used instead of freshly squeezed orange juice. Use ½ cup of juice.
- If making ahead, store the margarita in the refrigerator and serve over ice just before serving.
- Nutritional info assumes 1 tsp sugar used to coat the glass.
Serving: 1drink | Calories: 276kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 11mg | Potassium: 110mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 21g