Peanut Butter Muffins
If you love muffins as much as I do, you won't be able to resist these easy peanut butter muffins! Healthy muffins make a perfect, on-the-go breakfast or snack. This peanut butter muffin recipe is kid-friendly, delicious, and easy enough for the kids to help! Add mini chocolate chips to transform them into a sweet treat.
Servings: 12 muffins
Preheat the oven to 340 degrees F / 170 C. Line a muffin tray with muffin liners and set aside.
In a medium mixing bowl whisk together the flour, coconut sugar, baking powder and salt until well combined. If using chocolate chips, stir through the dry ingredients.
In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, peanut butter and vanilla extract until smooth.
Gently fold the wet ingredients through the dry ingredients. Do not over mix.
Evenly divide the batter amongst the prepared muffin liners.
Bake for 20 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
Allow to cool on a cooling rack.
Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place.
- Soy milk, full cream milk or skim milk can be used instead of almond milk.
- Substitute the wheat flour with gluten free flour to make the recipe gluten free.
- Substitute the eggs with ½ cup apple sauce plus an ½ tsp baking powder (2½ tsp baking powder in total) to make this recipe vegan friendly.
- Chocolate chips are completely optional however they are a delicious addition to the muffins.
- Muffins can be frozen for up to 3 months.
Serving: 1muffin | Calories: 272kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 27mg | Sodium: 191mg | Potassium: 315mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 14g