Low-Carb Keto Marinara Sauce
This low-carb marinara sauce is the perfect pizza or pasta sauce for anyone on a keto diet! Made with fresh plum tomatoes, onion, fresh garlic, and Italian seasoning, this smooth sauce is made with no added sugar or preservatives and is a healthy option for so many different types of meals!
- 28 ounces canned crushed tomatoes 800g
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- ½ onion diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian mixed herbs
- ¼ tsp salt more to taste
- ⅛ tsp black pepper more to taste
Heat olive oil in a large pot. Add the diced onion and sauté until translucent, add the garlic and continue to cook for one to two minutes.
Add all the remaining ingredients, bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for five minutes; stirring.
Remove from heat and allow to cool completely before storing in an airtight container in the refrigerator for five days. This recipe makes 4 cups of marinara sauce. One serving is ¼ cup.
- If you'd prefer a thicker sauce, then simmer the sauce for an additional ten minutes.
- Canned tomatoes may vary in flavor, if you find this sauce isn’t naturally sweet enough add 1 tsp erythritol or any other sweetener of choice.
- Make sure you season to taste!
- Marinara sauce can be used as a pizza sauce, pasta sauce, as a base for soup or even for low carb shakshuka.
- Sauce can be frozen and stored for up to 3 months.
Serving: 4tbsp | Calories: 26kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 102mg | Potassium: 152mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 107IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 18mg | Iron: 1mg