Chocolate Chip Cookies without Brown Sugar
Soft and chewy chocolate chip cookies without brown sugar are simple to make and will totally quench your cookie craving! Dotted with rich dark chocolate chips, in a buttery dough, these cookies have 7 simple ingredients, and only take about 10 minutes of prep!
Servings: 20 large cookies
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
In a large bowl using a hand mixer (or in the bowl of a stand mixer), add the butter and sugar and beat for 1-2 minutes, until light and creamy. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl as needed.
With the mixer on low speed, beat in the egg and vanilla extract just until combined.
Add the flour and baking powder and stir in with a rubber spatula until just combined, and no lumps.
Fold in chocolate chips until evenly distributed.
Using a 2 tablespoons cookie scoop, scoop out the cookie dough and arrange the dough balls 3 in apart on the prepared baking sheets. You will get 16-20 cookies.
Bake for 11 to 14 minutes, until the sides are lightly browned.
Remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For best results, measure flour using the spoon and level method. Spoon the flour into the measuring cup, and level with a knife. Flour gets packed into the bag, so spooning helps to make it fluffy, so that you don't end up adding more flour than you actually need.
- Don't over mix the batter. Use a spatula to add the flour rather than the electric mixer.
- Give the cookies plenty of space on the cookie sheet so that can spread.
- Oven temperature is important! If your oven isn't calibrated properly, your cookies may need more or less time to bake.
- For softer cookies reduce the heat to 325 degrees F, and bake for 11 minutes. If you want chewy cookies that are more crisp, bake for the full 14 minutes (up to 15 minutes).
- You can easily double or triple this recipe if you want to make a big batch of these delicious cookies!
Serving: 1cookie | Calories: 269kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 37mg | Sodium: 3mg | Potassium: 90mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 16g