Vegan Peach Cobbler
This vegan peach cobbler is a delicious dessert that is a total crowd-pleaser! Sweet, comforting, and full of fruity flavors, this easy cobbler recipe is made with ripe peaches, vegan butter, cinnamon, and almond milk. Perfect for spring and summer, but with canned peaches you can enjoy this fruit crisp all year round!
Servings: 12 servings
- 30 ounces peaches or 5 natural peaces
- ¼ cup granulated sugar is using raw peaches, use ¾ cup of sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon + ½ teaspoon
- 1¼ cup all-purpose flour can also use oat flour for a GF option
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup vegan butter
- ¼ cup almond milk
- vegan vanilla ice cream optional (1 scoop per serving)
First, preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Next, place the sliced or drained sliced peaches in a baking dish and add sugar, cornstarch, and cinnamon. Stir to combine the ingredients and set aside.
Next, mix flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon in a medium bowl. Add the softened butter and mix to combine. Add the almond milk and blend. The result with be a soft and stiff batter.
Drop pieces of batter on top of the peaches. It is okay if you leave some uniform spaces between as the dough will spread out.
Then, bake the vegan peach cobbler recipe for 50 minutes or until the top is brownish.
Finally, serve warm or cold with vegan vanilla ice cream or whipped coconut cream if desired.
- Adjust the amount of sugar if you're using canned peaches since they tend to be naturally sweet.
- Keep some of the canned juice if desired as it will provide extra moisture and sweetness in the recipe.
- Don’t peel your peaches if you are using fresh peaches! The skin will cook down and will become super soft, and adds a nice depth of flavor to this dish.
- Store the leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for four days.
- Nutrition information does not include vanilla ice cream
Calories: 153kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Sodium: 117mg | Potassium: 219mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 10g