Trader Joe's Butternut Squash Ravioli with Parmesan Cheese
A simple 15 minute recipe, this Trader Joe's Butternut squash ravioli has a simple, homemade, creamy and cheesy sauce. It's a quick weeknight dinner that tastes like a gourmet meal!
- 1 package Trader Joe's Butternut Squash Triangoli
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper or to taste
Cook the ravioli according to package directions. About 4 minutes in boiling water. Drain and cool.
In the same pot that you cooked the ravioli in, heat two tablespoons of olive oil and 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese over low heat until the cheese is melted in the olive oil. Stir frequently until the cheese is melted and combined with the olive oil (you don't want the cheese to become crispy or hardened!) Alternatively, you can toss the ravioli with the olive oil mixed with 1-2 tbsp of reserved pasta cooking water, and then just top with parmesan cheese.
Return the cooked ravioli to the pot and toss in the sauce.
Serve and top with 1 Tbsp Parmesan cheese and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
Top Tips for Making Trader Joe's Butternut Squash Ravioli
- Use a large saucepan to boil the water for the ravioli. You don’t want to overcrowd them in the pot, so give them enough space.
- Make sure water is boiling before adding the ravioli to the pot.
- When the ravioli floats to the top of the water it’s ready to be drained.
- When melting the cheese with the olive oil, keep the heat on low-medium. You don’t want the cheese to burn and crisp. Keeping the heat low will allow the cheese to gently melt into the olive oil to create a creamy sauce.
Calories: 402kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 53mg | Sodium: 652mg | Potassium: 13mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g